Moderate Muslims Speak Out!

Not really - just ban all religious marches through Wooton Basset but i dont think the christian faith would be offended at the blanket ban and 20 years ago neither would any other minority group but now its all the rage to be offended.

What would have been the scenario if the christian faith had taken offence at the erecting of mosques in the 50,s ? ......... well for a start there wouldnt be these petty debates and perhaps we could be discussing Runcey and Tutu debating gay clerics on the Mohammad Parkinson show on Al jazeera

I think youve forgotten how we arrived at the ban on Islam4uk? It had little to do with the Christian faith and everything to do with the offence that theyre proposed march was going to cause.

Not really sure about your reference to the 50's, but Im pretty sure there wasnt a proliferation of mosque building. Although many can well remember blacks, Irish and dogs upsetting the sensitivities of housing landlords.

Yep - good point well made.

im cool boarding a plane with a load of irish be they catholic protestant or whatever in the certain knowledge that i can devote my sundays to Sky Sports and enjoy their guiness.

Id have more interest in paxman interviewing 2 non league managers that 2 irrelevant subscribers to a non british faith which establishes its relevance in my life once Allah has been offended and seeks revenge on infidels.

im cool boarding a plane with a load of irish be they catholic protestant or whatever in the certain knowledge that i can devote my sundays to Sky Sports and enjoy their guiness.

Id have more interest in paxman interviewing 2 non league managers that 2 irrelevant subscribers to a non british faith which establishes its relevance in my life once Allah has been offended and seeks revenge on infidels.

Is there a "British" faith?

Of course. Laughing at Liverpool FC's descent into abject humiliaton. :D

What a goal of the year that would have been if that Reading kid had scored...

Sorry Bf...bit of sideline banter there. Red card expected :(

There's no such thing as a British faith - therefore there is no such thing as a non-British faith.

I rather like British Muslims for Secular Democracy, set up by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown and would like to see them get the publicity Quillam do.

I will add my agreement to that.

I particularly like their "banners" at the demonstration against Al Muhajiroun, which read:

LAUGH AT THOSE WHO INSULT FREEDOM. They are very silly people.

:hihi:

They don't pretend to stand for "the Muslim Community" (whatever that is), they stand for an issue that we should all agree on, and they obviously do it with a sense of humour.

(Yasmin Alibhai-Brown had a rather barmy column in The Independent recently, but I think her heart's in the right place.)

It was meant as a compliment. I somehow don't think you'd have allowed yourself to be talked over like that ...

I think Paxman and Nawaz realised they were holding dialogue with the deaf . It's a last ditch fundamentalist tactic - keep talking and ignoring everything being said. I've talked to Christians like it - and I've talked to Muslims like it (not to mention athiests, skeptics...). It's pointless trying to stop them talking, because you end up using the same tactics to get yourself heard.

Archived