Moderate Muslims Speak Out!

Actually, it's not East from here, (We'd be praying to Copenhagen, otherwise!) Mecca is actually South-East (ish) from Sheffield.

Well, if they can't get it right in Mecca I doubt that Allah is going to cancel the prayers of someone from Sheffield if they're a few yards out.

But then again, a few yards out here is going to be hundreds of miles out down there. What about the curvature of the earth? Shouldn't you be facing more downwards?

How fast do prayers travel? Should that be taken account of in conjunction with earth's rotation?

:hihi:

It doesnt wind me up.

The Holocaust didnt affect you personally but i bet you think it was wrong.

Look, sorry, I'm not being obtuse, but I still don't understand why you think it's wrong.

What's the principle that's wrong?

The holocaust was wrong on the principle that holding another race inferior and trying to exterminate them was wrong.

Where's the wrong in a group of Muslim women having a swimming pool to themselves for an hour?

Look, sorry, I'm not being obtuse, but I still don't understand why you think it's wrong.

What's the principle that's wrong?

The holocaust was wrong on the principle that holding another race inferior and trying to exterminate them was wrong.

Where's the wrong in a group of Muslim women having a swimming pool to themselves for an hour?

Where's the right in a group of Muslim women having a swimming pool to themselves because their Muslims?

Why dont Catholics have a swimming pool on their own for an hour?

Well, if they can't get it right in Mecca I doubt that Allah is going to cancel the prayers of someone from Sheffield if they're a few yards out.

But then again, a few yards out here is going to be hundreds of miles out down there. What about the curvature of the earth? Shouldn't you be facing more downwards?

How fast do prayers travel? Should that be taken account of in conjunction with earth's rotation?

:hihi:

I understand the direction one faces is secondary to the prayer itself. It is a uniforming factor but it does allow for estimation of direction rather than an exact measurement. Most of the Churches throughout Europe face Jerusalem and in some that have been converted to Mosques, the direction that the building faces is used for prayer, effectively JerusalemISH.;)

Where's the right in a group of Muslim women having a swimming pool to themselves - because their Muslims??

Why dont Catholics have a swimming pool on their own for an hour?

Your argument doesn't hold water (pardon the pun!). Catholics don't feel the need to have pools to themselves, a few Muslims apperently once did or still do.

Would you be equally bothered if Catholics did have seperate swimming sessions?

I can't see any problem with a Muslim womens bathing session - and the only reason you seem to able to give is to ask 'why don't Catholics? etc'.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

There's nothing mild or non violent about the way animals are slaughtered by the Halal method.

There's been a very lengthy thread discussing it before on here. Incidentally, are you a vegetarian, or a member of any animal wefare group?

Archived