Moderate Muslims Speak Out!

At last the national media have given moderate Muslims an opportunity to challenge the extremists and state their position, of course confirming what most of us already know about mainstream Muslims.

Public Enemy No 1, Anjem Choudary was eaten alive by Maajid Nawaz of the Quilliam Foundation (http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/about-us.html) on yesterday's edition of Newsnight.

Among the challenging points raised by Nawaz were how much Choudary had claimed in benefits from the British, how hypocritical he was by using his freedom to speak to promote the restriction of freedom for others and whether he would have him executed as a traitor to Islam.

It's compulsive viewing and even the usually Rottweiller-like Paxman sat back like a puppydog, watching Nawaz tear into a clearly out of his depth Choudary-which demonstrates the benefits of allowing people like Choudary the freedom to speak, they will invariably shoot themselves in the foot and highlight the flaws in their own argument.

The fun begins about 24 mins into the programme on BBc iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pyhj5/Newsnight_12_01_2010/

Majid Nawaz is ex Hizb ul Tahir and a pal of Anjum Chaudry and Omar Bakri- now he is paid by the govnt to do 'their' talking.

I would not trust either of them...maybe Jeremy Paxman is okay:)

we should all stand together against these nut jobs dont we all bleed the same so i say to musilm or none muslim if u dont like it here GO but thats just me

No it isnt just you, I think there is a significant number of people who have been fully educated in how to be offended and to take advantage of their perceived offence.

Unfortunately there are a greater number of toadying reptiles in high authority who dare not tell the offendees to grow a thicker skin or find a region to live where the "offence" doesnt occur.

It's compulsive viewing and even the usually Rottweiller-like Paxman sat back like a puppydog, watching Nawaz tear into a clearly out of his depth Choudary.

:D Thats because Paxman is not stupid and does not want to be a target for extremists. I have seen him engage with these people before on his program and was not out spoken and seemed tamed in that program also.

I watched it also, and thought it good viewing and refreshing to see a Muslim engage with him and challenge his views. I think this will have gone a long way in peoples mind that concider all Muslims to be extremists. I feel for the Majority of peace loving Muslims that get tarred with the Chowdry brush and the stigma of all being anything like this man.

So far 42 posts discussing the rights and wrongs of the views of 2 people belonging to a faith not indigenous to the country.

Although this may be offensive to the christian faith i think we can rest safely in the knowledge that no lives will be threatened because the Christians ceased that approach (killing in the name of religion) in the middle ages.

No fatwah,s Less fatwahs pollyunsaturated fatwahs so send em all back to Muslimabad till they get around four hundred years of development and drop the murderous ideology.

Majid Nawaz is ex Hizb ul Tahir and a pal of Anjum Chaudry and Omar Bakri- now he is paid by the govnt to do 'their' talking.

I would not trust either of them...maybe Jeremy Paxman is okay:)

They didn't look like mates last night Bazooka!

Whether we trust Nawaz or not, he and the Quilliam Foundation are completing a vacuum that had previously been filled by the likes of Choudary who the British media were happy to court to sensationalise anti Muslim feeling.

Last night's performance by Nawaz gave us something else to chew on and an opportunity to see Choudary being asked (and not answering) searching questions by another Muslim.

Paxman as good as he is may have simply been written off by Choudary and other Muslims as someone with an anti Islamic agenda, as far as I know Nawaz is still a practising Muslim.

No it isnt just you, I think there is a significant number of people who have been fully educated in how to be offended and to take advantage of their perceived offence.

Unfortunately there are a greater number of toadying reptiles in high authority who dare not tell the offendees to grow a thicker skin or find a region to live where the "offence" doesnt occur.

What would you say to the 'offendees' who were upset at the prospect of Islam4uk marching through Wooton Basset? Grow a thicker skin?

well done bf i watched the show and yes he was shown up for what he was .:hihi: the only thing bothering me seeing as we have to draw our own conclusions is that he would have had the other bloke executed . remember choudry is aformer solicitor so very selective answering comes naturaly to someone like him especially when dodging the benefits question :hihi:

well done bf i watched the show and yes he was shown up for what he was .:hihi: the only thing bothering me seeing as we have to draw our own conclusions is that he would have had the other bloke executed . remember choudry is aformer solicitor so very selective answering comes naturaly to someone like him especially when dodging the benefits question :hihi:

No we don't, he kept saying he knew the answer but refused to be drawn into admitting it as other Muslims would not be so quick to side with him as who knows who would be safe. A lot of Muslims here are not fanatical Muslims and if this Choudry bloke had his way a lot of them would be cast down and condemed for not been the type of Muslim he envisige them to be.

While we are over in afganistan fighting the Taliban and freeing the people from their extreme Idiology, this bloke is here trying to start up a simular idiology in this country.

It mental.

Archived