Moderate Muslims Speak Out!

I dont dispute it! But dont use that argument to denounce one religion when it's a common preference in Judaism and Christianity.

You'd find yourself falling out with the parents of an Orthodox Jew or hardcore Christian if you tried to marry one of their offspring and weren't a member of their religion.

Indeed, in fact a good friend of mine is currently in a secret long term relationship with someone who's family follows a certain brand of Christianity (even though her parents don't really mind they can't be seen to condone it so it has to be kept secret and he can't meet them).

Indeed, in fact a good friend of mine is currently in a secret long term relationship with someone who's family follows a certain brand of Christianity (even though her parents don't really mind they can't be seen to condone it so it has to be kept secret and he can't meet them).

I think JW's are one Christian group who are particularly keen that their members marry within the faith, Im sure there are plenty of others.

Ps: I'm just in the middle of watching the film Religulous, can highly recommend it jimmy if you havent seen it already.

LOL, Im almost starting to believe it myself quisquose-they sound pretty smart and Im sure if they're male they'll be darn swell lookin! :hihi:

auto98uk tells me he's watching Religulous at the moment as well. :hihi:

I watched it before it was released!!! :o

Who Bodie and Doyle? nah ;)

I thought I was Richard Pryor to his Gene Wilder ;)

auto98uk tells me he's watching Religulous at the moment as well. :hihi:
..doh! :D

I watched it before it was released!!! :o

Bloody good film isn't it and a certain cure for anyone tempted by the supernatural.

Were we watching the same interview? I bet Anjem wosisname came out on top as far as anyone liable to be influenced by him was concerned. He didn't answer a single question, talked over the other guy, kept to the same monotone, and it looked as though he'd even silenced Paxo. The other guy sounded semi hysterical at several points and all in all, I wasn't impressed by how it was handled. I think tab1 would have done a better job!

Take off the wooly beanie and give him a homburg and did anyone else think he looked a bit like thingy from Death Do Us Part? :)

Were we watching the same interview? I bet Anjem wosisname came out on top as far as anyone liable to be influenced by him was concerned.
That's probably true, but he would have been preaching to the converted whatever he said, what he did do was alienate himself from anyone with half a brain who up until last night had probably never heard him speak or be challenged.

I think working on his acolytes will take more than a few choice soundbites, but the more people like Choudary are seen to be condemned by Muslims and non Muslims alike the fewer young people who will be tempted by their rhetoric behind closed doors.

He didn't answer a single question, talked over the other guy, kept to the same monotone, and it looked as though he'd even silenced Paxo. The other guy sounded semi hysterical at several points and all in all, I wasn't impressed by how it was handled. I think tab1 would have done a better job!

Since we're currently into forummer conspiracy theories-you didnt know tab1 and Maajid Nawaz are in fact the same person? ;)

I just thought it was refreshing to see one Muslim challenging another and given the airtime to do so.

Archived