Good Greasy Spoons in sheffield?

cfb99

From the start of February, the Twisted Spoon - a brand-new café inspired by the classic British greasy spoon, but with more than a touch of the US deli-diner thrown in for good measure - will be open at the Harley, on Glossop Road.

Serving up a stripped-down menu featuring simple, hearty, home-made food, the Twisted Spoon will be open for business six days a week, and will adapt its menu to fit the climate, with seasonal specials and hand-picked ingredients.

As well as the basics, there’ll be the option to upgrade your fodder for a s****ier alternative; so the lowly full English, one of the Harley’s menu staples for as long as we remember, will also be available in a ‘gourmet’ version, complete with home-made speciality sausages, posh bread and other accoutrements.

Elsewhere, you’ll find the usual suspects like budget soups, burgers (their triple-cooked chips are a particular talking-point) and pies, all served with a choice of home-made pickles and chutneys. Look out for details of their launch party this month to blag yourself some free samples.

Proposed Menu for Launch of The Twisted Spoon February 1st 2010

The Twisted Spoon

334 Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2HW

Menu

Available Until 3pm Monday to Saturday

All Day Breakfast

A delicious British favourite, our standard breakfast includes two sausages, two bacon rashers, two slices of buttery toast, a butter fried egg, an oven roasted tomato and a generous dollop of baked beans.

The Veggie Option

The meat free twist on a traditional all day breakfast, this option includes vegetarian sausages, two slices of buttery toast, an oven roasted tomato, some yummy fried mushrooms and a dollop of baked beans.

The Gourmet Option

An all day breakfast with a homemade twist, this delicious dish includes homemade sausages made by our very own Chef, Jim as well as a tasty portion of smoky baked beans, a garlic roasted tomato, fired mushrooms, two rashers of bacon and two slices of thick sliced buttery toast.

Homemade Burgers

Beef Burger

A classic beef burger served with triple cooked chips and a smidgen of salad on the side

Lentil Burger

Made by our Chef Martin, to his very own recipe, also served with triple cooked chips and a scrummy side salad

Homemade Pie

Vegetarian and Meat Options Available

Served with creamy mash, peas and proper homemade gravy

Additional Grub Available All Day Until 7pm

Soup of the Day

A lighter bite that changes with the seasons. Expect to see butternut squash, sweet potato and chilli, French onion, and some delicious homemade broths updated daily. Served with chunky bread and butter.

Cakes!

All homemade in our humble kitchen by our chef Martin.

Chocolate Brownies

Poppy Seed and Orange Drizzle Cake

And many many more

Pickles

An array of twisted pickled products also available, including onions, eggs, walnuts, gherkins- all mixed up with chilli, garlic and other herbs and spices.

In terms of good places to go for breakfast, what are they up against?

As well as the basics, there’ll be the option to upgrade your fodder for a s****ier alternative; so the lowly full English, one of the Harley’s menu staples for as long as we remember, will also be available in a ‘gourmet’ version, complete with home-made speciality sausages, posh bread and other accoutrements.

What does **** stand for? I can only think of HITT and that does not make your meals more enticing.

s****ier = s w a n k i e r. It would be funnier if it was s h i t t e r but probably not very appealing.

Oh, didn't think of that. I just assumed that I was out of touch with modern language (like 'wicked' and 'sick') and that s h i t t i e r must mean 'more tasty'.

Archived