Ivory Bar reopening as Harrisons 1854

AnneFG

• 2 weeks later...

I used to like the Ivory for drinks.

Had unacceptable bad food experience there which wasn't properly followed up despite me complaining so stopped going for that reason.

But the atmosphere and agreed, the cocktails were very good so looking forward to giving the new place a go.

Had unacceptable bad food experience there which wasn't properly followed up despite me complaining so stopped going for that reason.

But the atmosphere and agreed, the cocktails were very good so looking forward to giving the new place a go.

The EXACT same thing happened to me. When I first went for food when it first opened, it was fantastic. I think the main manager left and it all went downhill from there (the american/canadian guy).

We popped in on opening night, I think we were the first cutomers. They gave us our drinks for free - we'll certainly be back!

I work just behind Harrison's so it'll be a regular Friday after-work venue for me. Seems quiet & chilled, the kind of place where you can have a conversation.

I hope it's a success.

Depends whether your talking about their horrid cocktail purees or the period when they tried to push real cocktail classics...

Archived