Ivory Bar reopening as Harrisons 1854

AnneFG

I hope they still do those fantastic cocktails -the Ivory cocktails were the best in Sheffield IMHO, pricey but that was what kept it from being like the rest of the West St meatmarkets. Any idea when it's opening?

Unfortunately they don't. Cocktail list is very short and the cocktails are bad. I had a Manhattan made with cherry liquor (unfortunately I hadn't read the menu fully before ordering). No maraschino cherries - in fact the girl was digging about in a tub of fresh fruit to see if they had any. It's a shame. It was known as a cocktail bar and they need to either live up to that or go a completely different way. At the moment they don't seem to know what their aim is. It certainly isn't to be a cocktail bar, but they weren't offering anything else.

Unfortunately they don't. Cocktail list is very short and the cocktails are bad. I had a Manhattan made with cherry liquor (unfortunately I hadn't read the menu fully before ordering). No maraschino cherries - in fact the girl was digging about in a tub of fresh fruit to see if they had any. It's a shame. It was known as a cocktail bar and they need to either live up to that or go a completely different way. At the moment they don't seem to know what their aim is. It certainly isn't to be a cocktail bar, but they weren't offering anything else.

Oh WHAT a disappointment. Oh well. Back to the Milestone for cocktails for me ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Called in to Harrisons on Friday night - enjoyed a couple of pints of Moonshine with some complimentary olives and nuts and found it to be perfectly pleasant.

It's a true freehouse and they are currently seeing what the punters are wanting before moving towards any particular market. No food yet, but its possible it will be coming soon. They have some decent looking cocktails on and the ale is reasonably priced.

Is definitely worth calling in, hope they make a go of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived