Pat Robertson Blames Haiti Earthquake on "Pact With the Devil"

If guys like Pat Robertson didn't fleece million$ from lots of vulnerable people, then we could imagine that he was doing a service in providing comedy entertainment. Unfortunately ...

In what seems to be an irresistible urge for many preachers these days (think floods/hurricanes and homosexuality etc), Robertson has gone into his usual "blame the victims" spiel regarding the Haitian earthquake. Apparently God decided to level Port-au-Prince, kill untold numbers, and displace at least 3 million people, because in the 19th century the Haitians "made a deal with the devil to free themselves from the French."

You can hear it right from the scumbag's mouth here:

Obviously, in his mind at least, god is just like himself ... they're both despicable and full of hatred.

The bloke needs to be sectioned IMO.

No doubt those lovely folk at the Westboro Baptisit Church will be popping up soon as well claiming that all of the victims were sinners and that God had taken his revenge on them.

Which would be pretty contradictory seeing as Haiti is a predominantly catholic society and the cathedral in Port-au-Prince was one of the buildings that was destroyed.

Its got to be some sort of mental illness... Call me naive but surely no one in this day and age can be so stupid and vicious...?

On his website, he describes himself as "Broadcaster, Humanitarian, Author, Christian, Businessman, Statesman" (my bold). The site also contains a mealy-mouthed explanation of what he said!!

You might not like his views but he has the right to express them. If a Christian believes that a natural disaster is "God's will" then obviously he's going to seek to justify an earthquake as a punishment from God.

I don't agree with him but he's perfectly within his rights to say it.

You might not like his views but he has the right to express them. If a Christian believes that a natural disaster is "God's will" then obviously he's going to seek to justify an earthquake as a punishment from God.

My bold

Of course he is, just as we're all perfectly within our rights to say what we think of his lunatic opinions.

Earlier I heard Rachel Maddow say, "Ladies and gentlemen, behold Pat Robertson ... the unintended consequence of your first amendment!"

:hihi:

Link here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/34850448#34851702

My bold

Of course he is, just as we're all perfectly within our rights to say what we think of his lunatic opinions.

What's worrying is....many people actually hang on his words, and the words of others like him.

Really scary fella.

Archived