Bars for sale in sheffield, Help me!!!

Johnsmith

Good afternoon people of sheffield?

I require your help.........

I'm looking to buy a bar in sheffield?

I have read many many threads on this site stating that there are not enough good bars in sheffield.

I have ran a bar in chesterfield now for a year and am now ready to expand into sheffield. I could do with a little bit of help from the peeps of sheffield though.

I'm looking to bring something different into sheff, something with a personal touch. Somewhere where everyone knows your name (cheers) but in the town centre?

I've heard that there is a lack of a nice gay bar or somewhere nice that holds gays nights. Find me the place and you will have it.

I have the money, i have the backing, however i cannot seem to find a nice enough prominently positioned building or bar in sheff?

This appeal works both ways, for the person who finds a place for me to tranform into a bar or open an existing one. i will give free beer to for an agreed time!!!!

Please help people of sheffield...... help me bring to you what sheffield needs. Cheap drinks(what sheffield is lacking), fantastic atmosphere, entertainment, the best DJS and anything and everthing else you want from a Bar owner that wants to make people happy not just make money?

So there you go people, lets go get em....... "show me the bars"!!!

Regards

JS

Well, as long as you don't start playing hip-hop, or music in general, that you sell pints for more that 2 quid, then you're very welcome, otherwise, I'm afraid personnal touch or not you'll be just as a rip off as any pub in town.

We need a PUB in town, no, not a wine bar, no, not an overpriced 'local beer' pub, but a normal, english, if not sheffieldish pub, WITH local beers at normal Sheffield prices.

In all fairness, if you're looking for sommut to buy, you either need to look into present club/bar owners or the 'for sale' signs :)

There is a vacant building on west st - next to walkabout - used to be the mobility centre. I would have thought that would be a good place for a nice pub. Not sure who'd u contact though about it.

I used to run a pub in Southampton, so if u want any help in whatever, PM me. (i know u said uve been running one in Chesterfield).

I think Sheffield is already SWAMPED with bars and pubs..there are far too many of them and is there enough business to go round them all these days? To make any money from a bar you have to have one hell of a great bar, great location, great vibe, etc.....easier than it sounds and far too many bars already fill this market.

I think there is plenty of cheap beer already in Sheffield.....and attitudes towards "cheap" beer are changing these days as encouraging people to drink themselves stupid as its so cheap....look at the scrapping of many 'happy hours' and 'drink as much as you like for £10' ideas.....they are all out of favour now.

Sorry but this is a real tough one these days, open a bar that makes a real PROFIT after all the outgoings??? In town??? The only bars raking it in are the chavvy townie West street bars who already provide more than enough for this market sector.....the rest dont make much money at all....

You do have a very good point golden fleece.

I have to say that If i went back into the trade, I would aim to run a good local pub that has quiz nites, guest ales, meat draws etc.

The kinda pub that you can go to and just relax. A juke box with a whole range of music that is not loud.

I also wouldn't have smoking at the bar or any children under 18 and I would be very strict on that. When I was behind the bar I was always quite good at spotting those who were under age.

bit of a conflicting message coming through.

Some people want a bar that's cheap. Others want one that isn't full of chavs. I think those two probably go hand in hand in town on a friday/saturday.

I don't think there are actually any good wine bars or expensive bars. The dev cat is packed on a friday/saturday, it's not perfect, but they've got the basics right. And the slightly expensive reputation keeps the chavs well away.

Hi, Try talking to Tim at the Nelson, 23 furnival gate.

He may be looking to do other things in his life.

This is a great Bar and is a ready made business, doing really well, but everything is for sale at the right price.

This bar with the right person could take big bucks.

All the best in your search.

Perhaps Buffy might have a go at this one.

Archived