Bars for sale in sheffield, Help me!!!

Johnsmith

Originally posted by BruciesBabe

There is a vacant building on west st - next to walkabout - used to be the mobility centre. I would have thought that would be a good place for a nice pub. Not sure who'd u contact though about it.

This whole building is being redeveloped and they have applied for about three licences for the place. Patrick Crapper's board went up on part of it recently and I believe he is acting for the developers. So a call to him might elicit some further info.

The Westway on West St (right on the City Hall tramstop) is to let (but still open) and has been rubbish ever since it opened. Massive development going on all round so prime location (and no doubt very expensive).

Originally posted by McFarland

Hi, Try talking to Tim at the Nelson, 23 furnival gate.

He may be looking to do other things in his life.

This is a great Bar and is a ready made business, doing really well, but everything is for sale at the right price.

This bar with the right person could take big bucks.

All the best in your search.

Perhaps Buffy might have a go at this one.

No thanks, its a pub company - I'm allergic to them (all explained in the Help me find a Pub thread)

I know it doesnt look much now but what about buying a pub on london road? I know the pubs there do allright allready and theres a huge student halls being finished off at the bottom of london road (next to bed) so them pubs are gonna get packed out.

Do me a favour Jonsmith;if u open a bar can u employ bar staff without tunnel vision;have the video juke box on with the volume up and not have it on silent whilst a different tune is played thru the speakers(i.e. Reflex,Bedroom etc) and not show Rugby League....no one is interested in watching it.The only place playing decent music is The Sportsman,Cambridge St. but it doesn't really say "COME IN AND DRINK HERE" when u walk past.A Limit /casbah type pub is whats needed tho on a larger scale.Upstairs in Casbah is full with more than 6 in it.:loopy:

Originally posted by McFarland

Hi, Buffy this place no longer belongs to a Pubco, ask Tim

Is this now a freehouse and privately owned? Who in fact currently owns the freehold on this property, anyone know? Quite fancy this myself, money in the bank gathering dust at the moment....

try a non smoking, real ale, vegetarian pub with no music or sky sports. That would be a novelty ..... probably no one it except me and my other half but hey you can't have everything.

Seriously there are few places to go that are truly smoke free, the old Hanrahans opposite Hallamshire hospital has gone that way but don't know how popular it is, check out the Sheaf View off Heeley Bridge if you want to see a good range of beers which are appreciated rather than just chucked down and check out the restaurants on London road if you want to see the curent fashionable fads for eating out. i avoid town now as the yob culture and race against time to get as much alcohol down is not my idae of a night out, I'm also fed up of dodging the dropped takeaways on West Street/Glossop Road. There is a huge unit for development as pub/restaurant on Ecclesall Road opposite the CRB (sorry Classic Rock) on the old Wards brewery site. Good luck with your search.

Archived