Woodseats Pub boarded up

muddycoffee

This has never been a great boozer, while I have lived in the district during the last 18 years, but it is still tragic that this pub has been boarded up. In my view they should reopen it and put the partitions back in, making it like a traditional pub again with lots of rooms in.

In recent years when I have been in, the sheer volume of the juke box has made me leave early. It was always too ear splitting, and that's why myself and my mates haven't used the pub for years.

Wasn't at all keen on its last incarnation as a party pub for boy-racers.

Would make a cracking spot for a proper pub for a good pint and a chat.

Very much like your idea of putting the partitions back but suspect that it will only go further downhill the next time it opens.

its been going this way for a long time been told its going to be flats which wouldnt surprise me, ive drunk in the woodseats since 1979 on and off so its a bit of a shame seeing it like this,over the years its been a hang out for punks and in the early 80s there was always a few scooters parked up outside

Archived