I want to propose to my girlfriend..Where should I do it?

I would make a couple of points regarding proposals in a restaurant.

On Valentines Night my husband proposed to me over a candle lit dinner.

Yes it was all very romantic, and I did pretend to be surprised even though I had noticed one of my rings disappear before hand as a "sizer".

Unfortunately the restaurant was packed, and only lit by candles. Half way through the meal my O/H got down on one knee and was making his little plea when a waiter backing away from another table tripped over him. Fortunately nothing much was dropped, but I did burst out laughing.

On the plus side the Maitre D did arrive rather quickly with a bottle of Champagne to calm the situation.

Hokey Pokey....haha. Amsterdam is one of the most romantic places in the world. London doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

I just want to make this a special occasion. Somebody must have a really random romantic idea stored somewhere, please share??

If you are a keen angler,take her along to a nice secluded spot,(with a nice picnic hamper n wine) Wait til she goes for a wee,then tie the ring to the line n cast in,(treble knot) Wait til she reels in to bait up n watch her face,then propose. Just hope the line doesn't get snagged.:D

If you are a keen angler,take her along to a nice secluded spot,(with a nice picnic hamper n wine) Wait til she goes for a wee,then tie the ring to the line n cast in,(treble knot) Wait til she reels in to bait up n watch her face,then propose. Just hope the line doesn't get snagged.:D

That's a lovely idea! How romantic! xxx

Suggest taking trunks and snorkel...

Venice sounds like a plan, I like that idea, never been there neither.

The fishing idea would be good too, but I cant imagine taking her fishing, she'll think I've lost the plot.

I knew this was a good idea putting it up for discussion, I'll have a look into the whole Venice idea.

Any more thoughts are welcome because I'm not the best when it comes to being romantic.

My OH proposed to me on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. We had gone on one of their special meal excursions that they run. He had also arranged with the waiter to bring a bottle of champagne after the main meal and proposed just before the dessert arrived. What was really nice was that we were in a little private carriage off the main carriage with a couple of ladies who we didn't know - but we certainly made their day!

This was over 5 years ago and I still remember and cherish the moment.

Archived