I want to propose to my girlfriend..Where should I do it?

Hi people,

I'm looking into proposing to my girlfriend and to be honest have no idea where to do it? I have picked out a ring and am desperate for some help or advise??

Problem is she is already married to a bloke from Hackenthorpe. sorry.

In my opinion, Venice, Amsterdam, Eiffel Tower, all sound a bit cheesey and done a million times before. I'd fancy something a bit more unique and less staged. To me, staged=stale.

Anyway, I think it's more about picking your moment, than picking your place, to be honest. The place will always have happy connotations (if it's meant to be!) afterwards, so it's not the be all and end all. Sorry, I don't think that's the anser you wanted.

• 1 year later...
Hi people,

I'm looking into proposing to my girlfriend and to be honest have no idea where to do it? I have picked out a ring and am desperate for some help or advise??

I suppose it depends how many folk you want to be around if she says no. I suppose it also depends on what exactly you are proposing.

Build up the moment take her for a romantic meal with flowers and champagne make her think you are going to propose then let the moment pass without popping the question then when you get home surprise her with the proposal when she is getting ready for bed

that is how my fiance proposed to me and I loved it

Archived