Teenager in the 80,s

dramaqueen

oh so wanted a pair of rebina shoes, my mum just wasnt wearing it it was market or hichings hahahaha remember hichings at darnell. do u remember the black flat shoe with a strap across they called them coolies looked alittle like chinese shoes in the old films, loved mine wore them to death. h ow uncomplicated the world seemed to be with no responsibilities, wish i cud be 8 again and just feel free.

im class of 84 city school sheffield mr greens class with pex and robert jackson jeanette blythe beverly jeffcock carla bettison god rest her, carl knight micheal granger ian wilson joanna morley oh how i had the most amazing crush on jamie wilson alias pex for 4 years it was the most uncomfortablest 4 years of my life, think he new that i liked him oh how gud school was looking back wish i new it at the time.

My mother used to say that to me, all the time, "Make the most of it, these are the best days of your life!"

I'd sulk and say "Yeah right, you're talking rubbish!"

Her other comment used to be "God! I wish I were eighteen again, and knew what I knew now!!!"

Now I'm fast approaching being middle aged. (reluctantly) and I totally get what she meant. One of the members on here has the signature "Youth is wasted on the young!" *nods sadly* hehehe

ohmygod!!! Rebina shoes were soooooooo the best. the boots too, used to go to woolies to when it was still down near markets, records were 75p. went to school on granville road so used to go in the lunch time. Remember one of girls at school had gone to Rat Records near the station and bought huge poster of Human League's Dare picture. never seens such a big poster before.

was class of 83 All Saints.

I always wanted Rebina shoes/boots but we couldnt afford them. I remember the coolies, mine were red (my favourite colour) wore them with my baby pink ra-ra skirt, those were the best days, but as you say, you just dont realise it until your older

Archived