Want to join herb / herbal medicine group

mooo

Want to meet like-minded people to learn more about herbs and herbal medicine. Maybe go for walks; learn the practical side of preparation, or do a course or classes. would like to join a society, group.

Like you Litha i use various herbal Grimoires for other stuff and would be very intrested in a course so I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone does the hard work and finds one.

If you can find a copy of 'culpepers herbal' at the local library it's worth having a look at, it's very old and written in the olde English of the time but facinating, a mine of information.

Originally posted by mooo

Want to meet like-minded people to learn more about herbs and herbal medicine. Maybe go for walks; learn the practical side of preparation, or do a course or classes. would like to join a society, group.

let me know, I can tell you all you need to know about 'herbs'.

I dont know about the walking part though, to me it sort of defeats the purpose.

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

For a sore throat, you can smoke rosemary, apparently.

Yes i did forget to say a lot of it is out of date and possibly dangerous.

Although i think the reprints inform of any potential fatal advice culpeper may have given. Some reprints leave out the dodgy stuff altogether.

So try them at your peril

found an online culpeper -

Hemlock is hilarious -

Saturn claims dominion over this herb,

yet I wonder why it may not be applied to the privities in a Priapism,

or continual standing of the yard

, it being very beneficial to that disease.

I suppose, my author's judgment was first upon the opposite disposition of Saturn to Venus in those faculties,

and therefore he forbade the applying of it to those parts,

that it might not cause barrenness,

or spoil the spirit procreative;

which if it do, yet applied to the privities, it stops its lustful thoughts.

ouch.

Archived