Want to join herb / herbal medicine group

mooo

Have you looked in bookshops & libraries?

I bought a huge hardback book a couple of years ago from one of them cheap bookshops in Sheff.

It has about 200 pages with colour photo's of the plants & a massive alphabetical referance to all plants & herbs that are consumable, what their uses & effects are & some recipe ideas too.

It's called HERBS (I think). :thumbsup:

Originally posted by poimaster

I dont know why but Ive got this sneaking suspicion that J-Blaze's herbal knowledge is limited to one species......

Theres only one type of herb worth knowing about ;)

Yup, I'm up for the herbal thread, would prefer to do it online though as got 2 little children and live in Baaaaaaarnsley.

We use herbs all the time, never go to docs unless highly serious (like recent meningitis alert), treat ourselves when possible and we take responsibility for the state of our own health.

Got quite a few good remedies up me cyber sleeve.

You had a great idea ;)

Thanks for all the replies. It seems to me there is alot of interest but not alot on offer. I would just like to add that although I am a great fan and regular user of "the only herb worth knowing", I know all i need to know about it.

So back to general herbs - Maybe we should organise a group get-together to swap knowledge. I have many books and collect tips and olde remedies and any unusual facts. I have recently moved to Sheffield and would like to meet like-minded people.

A great book to have at hand is The Encyclopaedia of Herbal Medecine by Thomas Bartram (see Amazon.co.uk).

Also, I met a lovely herbalist chap on Sunday at the Unstone Grange organic fair and suggested he check out the forum. If he doesn't show up I'll post his details.

We need to wtick together as soon, if BigPharma has its way, there ain't gonna be no herbs left to use, if there are they'll be illegal and the only ones we'll be allowed to use will be genetically modified.

:rant:

Archived