Pubs in Stocksbridge for lunch this Saturday

CockneyMafia

Well i've lived in Stocksbridge all my life and although the pubs aren't that good i always seem to have a good time, my local is The Friendship (frenny) and always have a good time. I mean you get your odd bit of trouble but don;t you everywhere? Also, depends what atmosphere your wanting to be honest, The Castle is at the very top of the valley and is pub known for 'the farmers' if you like, King & Miller my opinon rubbish, Royal Oak rubbish always empty, The Silver Fox rubbish unless you like to 'rock out', The Red Grouse ok if you want a very quiet drink, Sylvesters is suppose to be the classy pub in Stocksbridge with disco same as The Friendship but they include karaoke and it's not so classy. The Venue is more of a concert type pub which now only opens either Thurs, Fri & Sat or Fri, Sat & Sun coz it's crap!!! That's my view on it all anyway.

my local is The Friendship (frenny) and always have a good time. I mean you get your odd bit of trouble but don;t you everywhere?

No, you don't, not at all.

The Frenny on the other hand is renowned for it, it was even forced to close a while back because of all the trouble.

:D:D

Its Stocksbridge Park Steels mate, not Millwall!! And they don't have a 'Stocksbridge end', you can sit wherever you want, my recommendation would be the balcony of the bar overlooking the pitch so you can have a pint while you watch the match!!

As for your question, I think the only place in the valley that does food is The Castle at Bolsterstone so I would go there, either that or stop off at The Blue Ball in Wharncliffe Side.

Usually I would agree with you, but FC United are an exception to the rule in the Northern Premier League. Most teams at this level barely bring double figures to away matches; FC United bring 200-800 depending on distance and relevance of game. I can't see the police allowing that lot to casually mingle though I may be completly wrong.

The Castle would be your best bet, lovely beers and nice food, one of the best country pubs in Sheffield. 5 minutes walk through the fields to the ground - happy days!!

One of the best non league grounds in Sheffield as well the Park Steels, i'm sure it'll be fun.

Archived