Cuba - Anyone been?

Just tried searching before posting this and the most recent threads were three years old...

Considering a trip to Cuba in June for a fortnight. I know it's the rainy season but not particularly fussed by that. Wanted to know if anyone else had been? What's it like for prices for food and drinks now? Anything you'd suggest doing or avoiding?

Any pointers welcome - only just thinking about it so the more first hand info the better!

Cheers - Brian.

I went there, under sufferance.

I found it to be a rundown s**theap, I regret.

Hence, if you are from Sheffield, you should feel quite at home.

Maybe the op was expecting something a little more informative?:roll:

There are 2 aspects to Cuba. If you go to an international resort like Varedero, you won't see Cuba. You might as well go to Spain.

If you go to Havana or Santiago you will see Cuba. It isn't always pretty but it is colourful. You can expect sheets on you bed made up of several old sheets sewn together, street lights that probably won't work and buses that will break down. Don't expect to find a 57 Chevy to take you out on trips. You will certainly find the car but it will have a 1500 Lada engine in it and bus seats.

But.. Go to the right bar at night and it is electric. You can spot them by the musicians sitting outside hoping to get a slot.

I loved it. Just don't expect 5 star accomodation. The imigration officials at the airports are also a pain in the bum.

Archived