Know anywhere to go Roller Skating?

Guest rosie

I hope its a roller skating rink. I spent the majority of my teenage years going 4 times a week.

I cued up in rain and snow just to get in first. I even saved up for months for my very own white high boots, better for doing dance moves in.

• 4 months later...

Formally the Queens Road Ice Rink (the Ice House), in May 2005, the ice was removed to make way for a revolutionary new Roller Skating surface.

The rink still maintaining much of the charm of bygone years and ALL of its atmosphere and attention to public service and family values !

The only noticeable difference is that you don't get wet when you fall over !

Hire skates are available at an additional cost of £1.50 per pair and you have a choice of hiring the traditional roller skates (quads) or their modern equivalent the inline skate

The Rink has recently changed ownership and you will be pleased to hear that Queens Road has had a full face lift including:-

New Decor

New Sports Lighting

New Barrier System

New Pro Shop

New Cafe & Bars

Spectator seating for 1000+ people

Private Function Rooms (Fully Licensed) 700 Capacity

for more information email me on njf08@msn.com or check out the website http://www.skatecentral.co.uk or phone the box office on 01142723037

Archived