Cadburys-Annual School Project

Morts

Hi Bryan,

I'm afraid that as a nine year old, I didn't take that much interest in Miss Wagland's background or personal life etc. I do have a couple of school reports penned by her which I will try and find in the loft, it may reveal a first name possibly. I know her first initial was E.

Hi Bryan,

I'm afraid that as a nine year old, I didn't take that much interest in Miss Wagland's background or personal life etc. I do have a couple of school reports penned by her which I will try and find in the loft, it may reveal a first name possibly. I know her first initial was E.

Hello and thanks for the quick reply! Sounds promising, the person I am researching was Elizabeth Wagland. I have no information about her occupation but I am led to believe she lived near to Lydgate Lane on Rangeley Road and never married, so when I saw references to a Miss Wagland teaching at Lydgate Road School it seemed a likely lead to follow.

Thanks again, if you remember anything else, or find the report that would be great.

Cheers,

Bryan

I remember this too. It would have been 61/62 at Rainbow Forge Junior School. We had pictures on the wall of the route the ships took from Ghana to England. We also had a competition to decorate a roses chocolate box with cut out pictures & I won a box of minitures. I don't what happend to the chocolates in the roses box. I can't remember eating them.

Hi Magneteer and Carol W-

I am researching my family history and it may be that the Miss Wagland you refer to was one of my relatives. Do either of you, or anyone else, have any more information about this teacher? First name, where she lived, anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Hi, Bryan, like Magneteer, I never knew much about her....!! She knew how to teach though!!! As she taught my mother (who also went to Lydgate school) I would guess she was born round about 1900

Good luck with your research!!!! :)

Archived