Can anyone explain why people push in queues?

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I'm waiting for the day when a mass punch-up breaks out at the 95 / 22 bus stop on Church Street, opposite the Cathedral. The arrangement of the bus-stop is so illogical that no-one really knows from day to day which end of the queue is which. It causes loads of confusion, and often ends up with a breakdown in queuing because people can't work out what's going on, and so just jump on a bus when they get the opportunity.

A potentially nasty situation did break out on one occasion when the weather was particularly bad and the bloke who was first in the queue ended up at the end, due to the bus stopping at the wrong end of the stop. The bloke started shouting and swearing at the driver, and was clearly very angry. I was expecting a fight to start - it was really quite scary.

If anyone from the PTE with anything to do with bus-stops is reading this, perhaps something could be done to improve this bus-stop?

Cheers,

StarSparkle

stand in the middle...then you will always know how far you are from getting on :)

Depending on how much i've had to drink, I can be very nasty when people push in front of me.

Had a meatloaf lookalikey push infront of me at corp whilst at the bar, became abusive to me and my Gf, I left at the end of the night with a slight headache, he left pretty much straight away nursing a broken nose.

Also whilst in leeds, at a weatherspoons, the bar was rammed, but people had gotten their drinks, and were still hoarding round the bar. It was hot and I was thirsty and had enough. With a bellow of "F***ING MOVE!" all the drinking people looked sheepish and a scene remenicent of the parting of the red sea took place.

:D

Don't push in front of me. Its dangerous.

Originally posted by Nathen

Depending on how much i've had to drink, I can be very nasty when people push in front of me.

Had a meatloaf lookalikey push infront of me at corp whilst at the bar, became abusive to me and my Gf, I left at the end of the night with a slight headache, he left pretty much straight away nursing a broken nose.

Also whilst in leeds, at a weatherspoons, the bar was rammed, but people had gotten their drinks, and were still hoarding round the bar. It was hot and I was thirsty and had enough. With a bellow of "F***ING MOVE!" all the drinking people looked sheepish and a scene remenicent of the parting of the red sea took place.

:D

Don't push in front of me. Its dangerous.

you sound like a nice person??

a bit of manners never hurt anyone nathan

Apologies for double-posting, but regarding being served in bars / pubs:

I dread going to the bar to buy drinks (no comments about tight-fistedness please :D ) but I always seem to get served very quickly, much to my surprise. It seems to help to look the barman in the eye and smile sweetly. Well, works for me anyway! :thumbsup:

StarSparkle :)

its u!

i hate people who blatently get served before someone, knowing they werent next and dont just say (like i do) its them mate.

only once have i done this and then not been served next. so you dont really have to wait long, and you feel better. (unless that person is buying a huuuuuuge round!)

also i often say if someone who arrives at the bar after me starts getting served, tell the person to wait their turn and explain to the bar staff i was waiting. they dont like it but i aint waiting round all night to get me beverage

I never push in queues and will always tell the bar person to serve the person there before me (unless I'm very thirsty)

I don't take well to people pushing in. Some try at the old 95 bus stop from time to time. Usually a nice glare from me will make them realise the error of their ways. However, women seem to be the worst for this. Especially old ones.

If people try and push in front of me at a bar then I just use my size to stop them/nudge them out of the way. Again however, women are the owrst at this.

General mannerswise as well annoys me. People pushing past you in pubs and not apologising or bumping into you. Again, a lot of women seem to feel that they can push whoever they please out of the way without a care in the world :rant:

Originally posted by 21steve

its u!

i hate people who blatently get served before someone, knowing they werent next and dont just say (like i do) its them mate.

only once have i done this and then not been served next. so you dont really have to wait long, and you feel better. (unless that person is buying a huuuuuuge round!)

also i often say if someone who arrives at the bar after me starts getting served, tell the person to wait their turn and explain to the bar staff i was waiting. they dont like it but i aint waiting round all night to get me beverage

Well, excuse me! :rolleyes: I do NOT queue-barge, I'll have you know! :rant: I was brought up to be polite and well-mannered and I (usually) am, thank you!

I just try to make sure that no-one queue-barges me - I get really peeved when someone tries to shove in front of me, so I do my best to ensure it doesn't happen. It's not always easy at a bar to know who's in front of who, as I'm sure you know, but if I know someone's been waiting longer than me, then I will point that out to the barman.

I'm only 5 foot 3 you know, so I'm just amazed I manage to get served at bars at all - never mind be accused of queue barging blokes who may well be twice my size! :rolleyes:

My previous posting was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek - obviously I've not quite got the hang of smilies yet :D

Apologies to anyone I've ever unknowingly queue-jumped.

Well, excuse me! :rolleyes: I do NOT queue-barge, I'll have you know! :rant: I was brought up to be polite and well-mannered and I (usually) am, thank you!

I just try to make sure that no-one queue-barges me - I get really peeved when someone tries to shove in front of me, so I do my best to ensure it doesn't happen. It's not always easy at a bar to know who's in front of who, as I'm sure you know, but if I know someone's been waiting longer than me, then I will point that out to the barman.

I'm only 5 foot 3 you know, so I'm just amazed I manage to get served at bars at all - never mind be accused of queue barging blokes who may well be twice my size! :rolleyes:

My previous posting was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek - obviously I've not quite got the hang of smilies yet :D

Apologies to anyone I've ever unknowingly queue-jumped.

so you're a 5ft3 Socttish girl? There's no way I'd queue barge on you. Too dangerous to even consider:D

Archived