Can anyone explain why people push in queues?

Originally posted by littleboo

because they are impatient and selfish.

I often think that old people are the worst for this, they are always banging on about young people having no manners, but when it comes to a queue they have the manners of a pig....perhaps its because they dont have much time....if you know what I mean!!

How rude and impolite of you llittleboo.

Were you, in saying this meaning that you yourself was above reproach.

I am so much older than you and never push iin in queues.

My manners are the same now as when I was young.

hazel

Originally posted by nick2

The queues that form at cash machines where there is one queue for 5 machines is the most stupid, I just walk-up and use the machine, people do sometimes mumble "there is a queue you know" but I just ignore them, it's not compulsory to join their nice queue, plus they have all day, I only have my luch hour.

Perhaps orher people's time is important to them to.

Their time might even be more imprtant than yours

hazel

I think bars are stupid. People should form an orderly queue at a bar IMO. As a barman, it is often very difficult to see who got to the bar when, especially when you're busy. If someone does say to me 'they were here first', I will always serve that person next.

Also, I get p***ed off when people buy huge rounds. I don't understand why people do that.

I never ever have any problems with pushing and shoving at a bar. I just give the money to a mate of mine and ask him to get the round in. He's never been jostled at all - have you

Kristian?

Note: Kristian, the Mod, is 6ft. 4" - says it all! :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Lickszz

Has anyone ever had anyone queue jump in a barbers?

Yes, once, in Liverpool.

Some bloke tried to get up when it was my turn. The barber put him straight.

Didn't get an apology off the guy, naturally :)

Originally posted by Sidla

I think bars are stupid. People should form an orderly queue at a bar IMO. As a barman, it is often very difficult to see who got to the bar when, especially when you're busy. If someone does say to me 'they were here first', I will always serve that person next.

Also, I get p***ed off when people buy huge rounds. I don't understand why people do that.

do you dislike people buying more than one drink, or HUGE rounds?

More than one drink is perfectly sensible. Why have 4 people go to the bar when 1 will do, and do you never feel like being sociable and offering to buy someone something?

Whilst walking up for the last bus home tonight, Mrs Draggle phoned me (in need of Imodium) so I called into the Spar outside my bus stop at Hunters Bar.

Joined the queue. Only one person in front of me.

Unfortunately, person who has gone to the 'closed' till in front pushes to the front of 'my' queue. Gets away with it 'cos he knows the person at the front of the queue (The guy before me)

I let it go. Person

behind me then asks guy in front of me if he will check him out this 'one item'

I let it go.

Other person behind me also asks the guy in front of me to check out 'one Item'

I turn around and say what the Farooq is going on here - I have a bus to catch.....

Person behind sees my point, ******** in front doesn't and still offers to check the item in before me :loopy:

Whilst I am on this rant ........

I have noticed that 'manners' around the pubs in Hunters Bar are almost non existent now....

Not that long ago if someone bumped into you in the pub, 'sorry mate' would be the normal thing to say - no big issue - just politeness.

not now.... no way....people seem to be clueless/oblivious...

A case in point - I visited the sis-in-laws in in a pretty rough part of London a few months ago.

I made my way to the local (very lairy) wetherspoon pub. Whilst there, three guys 'brushed' passed me, hardly bumping or 'owt - 'sorry mate' was said each time.

Maybe that's what's wrong at Hunters Bar. Full of T***S that don't know what a thick lip means......

Yes, this is the normally placid Draggletail speaking, and if you think I sound like an unusually grumpy old dude tonight, then I guess I am.

And no, I won't edit this out in the morning:rant: :rant: :rant:

Archived