B-twin bikes, any good?

They sell these in Decathlon (I suspect they're their own brand). Anyone got any opinions on them? I've got £165 to spend on a hybrid or mountain bike, won't get owt fancy for that and only want it for short journeys round Sheff and on Tissington trail etc.

cheers

I have had three of the decathlon mountain bikes, from el cheapo to an expensive top spec model, all are excellent value for money.The equipment levels are very good,frames are excellent quality too.I would not hesitate in recommending them.Google them to see the reviews.

• 5 months later...

I bought a B-Twin mountain bike from Decathalon a few months ago. It's been great for getting around town and cycling down bridle ways, haven't tried it on anything tougher though. I got the cheaper steel frame but it's still pretty light.

The Decathalon staff also allow you to take the bike back into the store within the first 3 months so they can tighten up the brakes and give it a basic service for free.

I chose it based on other good reviews I'd read on the internet.

Archived