Hinchliffe name in Sheffield

Hi

I'm researching the name Hinchliffe in Sheffield.

My gran was Glenfinella Hinchliffe and she was born November 1903 to Tom and Elizabeth Hinchliffe. They lived on Newcastle Street at the time but then moved to Princess Street at Attercliffe. Elizabeth died in 1906 and Tom went on to marry Eliza Ann Gascoigne and then Tom died in 1928 and Eliza remarried George Phillipson.

My gran had two sisters - Gwendoline who married Thomas Hartley and they settled in Shirecliffe but didnt have any children. And there was Winifred who was the oldest, born 1896 (ish). I'd love to know more about her as I dont know anything about her other than she could have married someone called Sellars, possibly had a son called David and they may have lived Gleadless area of Sheffield but all of that if family chinese whispers!

Tom Hinchliffe was born 1850 in Sheffield and was the son of David and Ann Hinchliffe. They lived for quite a time on Granville Lane.

Any help or information would be great thanks!

• 3 months later...

The wife of my first cousin three times removed (!!!) was called Adelaide Hinchcliffe. They came from Masborough. She worked in a pottery in Rotherham..

However relatives of her husband, Thomas Clarke, lived on (and behind) Princess Street Attercliffe. Has anyone any photos or info about the street at the end of the c19?

Princess st was swallowed up by the steelworks at the end of the 19th cuntury, do a search for "Picture Sheffield" this site belongs to Sheffield library services. A search on this will bring up photos of Princess St in days gone by. I know the area quite well, please ask if you need anymore info.:)

The wife of my first cousin three times removed (!!!) was called Adelaide Hinchcliffe. They came from Masborough. She worked in a pottery in Rotherham..

However relatives of her husband, Thomas Clarke, lived on (and behind) Princess Street Attercliffe. Has anyone any photos or info about the street at the end of the c19?

Hi there

I've checked my family tree and I cannot find a connection to Adelaide Hinchliffe. But how weird that she married a Thomas Clarke and they lived on Princess Street. Do you have the marriage of Adelaide to Thomas in 1881 in Rotherham?

Archived