Swimming At Flash Dam Darley Moor

cigy

Anyone remember swimming in Flash Dam Darley Moor, I remember seeing my very first topless bathers there ‘it must have been in the early 70’s’ my dad was so generous that day offering to fetch us all ice creams every ½ hour:hihi:

We had some fun days there before they fenced it all off and drained it, it was the next best thing to been at the seaside for the day :)

Anyone remember swimming in Flash Dam Darley Moor, I remember seeing my very first topless bathers there ‘it must have been in the early 70’s’ my dad was so generous that day offering to fetch us all ice creams ever ½ hour:hihi:

We had some fun days there before they fenced it all off and drained it, it was the next best thing to been at the seaside for the day :)

i dont remember that place spending my childhood in manchester but we as kids went to a place called rhodes woods, a few minutes walk from where we lived. it was like paradise to us. we also used to swim in the reservoir . such wonderful memories. i also remember crossing a big pipe over a river. i nearly fell off a few times. god knows what would have happenned if i had... i couldnt swim. god my hearts in my mouth thinking about it. ! i had a terrible home life so those days roaming around carefree are such treasured memories. been back as an adult and it all seems a lot smaller now. but then everything seems massive when your a kid.

Archived