Chocadores - Eccy Road

swissheavy

I have been to this place a number of times,and some of the things they sell are good quality-they don't seem to really know their product though-the number of times I've heard them say they don't know what a particular bar tastes like doesn't inspire confidence.They seem to be more fixated on how expensive a particular bean is-this doesn't neccesarily mean it's going to taste that fantastic-chateau petrus is extremely expensive,but is certainly not the best red Bordeaux out there.

Not sure how hygienic it is to have the chocolates at the front of the shop uncovered as well.

Avoid the coffee(warm dish water)and hot chocolate too-pre bought cakes are what you'd expect I'm afraid-they're "award winning" though,so maybe I'm wrong.

More product knowledge would be good-oh,and avoid having an opinion of your own about the things they sell-one of them doesn't like that.

Dont think they do evenings, their web site is http://www.chocadores.co.uk/

I did ask them in the shop if they could do the dipping choc like Madrid and they said if they could hold of some way to do the doughnuts they would! Any one on here any ideas????

I could just eat / drink some of it now. Another place I had nice hot chocolate was at a Tenerife FC football game where they didnt drink beer, just gloopy hot chocolate.

Gonna make a hot chocolate now!

Is it not just churros con chocalate? Xurros de Xocolata - Cafe de L'Opera

Big in Barcelona too - in fact I had them at the place in this link.

Google for a recipe - there are loads floating around.

Did you go to the Continental Market? There was a store selling them.

Went to Chocadore once, last summer, and was so disappointed I don't plan to go again. The hot chocolate was watery and flavourless and the few bars of chocolate I saw scattered around didn't make me think of a proper 'chocolate haven' -unlike Cocoa down the road, which is totally fabulous. I think Cocoa and Remo's in Broomhill both do fab hot choc but from what I've seen so far Chocadore is no competition on the drinks front. They may sell nice chocolates for all I know but Cocoa is still the winner for me.

• 2 weeks later...
p.s-try kings fine foods on the 'net-generally a lot cheaper for some choc bars-you have to pay quite a premium in chocodores.

Perhaps the rent is astronomical.

I have never bothered with the bars but I think that the hand made chocolates are far better than anything you could purchase off the net - I agree they aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.

i know alot of there stock is hand-made in london and then shipped up to sheffield- thats why i will cost more but you get what you pay for in my opinion and they are damn nice chocolates!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I went for the first time this month-my partner and I tried some coffee-this was very poor-I was surprised after the way it was talked up-is there anywhere in Sheffield you can buy decent coffee?

Wasn't happy with the service,when I said we were looking at the chocolates before deciding,was given what I believe is usually called "attitude".

We will follow the advice given by another poster on this forum and try la maison du chocolat for their fresh range,and on Friday we ordered some amedei bars from kings fine foods.

My username says it all.

Greeting gets frostier every time I go in-perhaps my money isn't good enough,in spite of spending rather a lot of it since they opened.Today was the last time.

Some of the above posts are worth reading-I'm a big fan of la maison du chocolat-they're fantastic-the best there is.

Archived