Chocadores - Eccy Road

swissheavy

Chocadores is so clinical and cold, when I once asked for something (can't remember what now) I was asked if it was award winning as they only stock award winning don't you know!

Cocoa is sooooooo much better and friendly...never been made to feel like a tit in there for not knowing what trophies the chocolate I like has in its cabinet.

• 1 month later...
So it seems Chocadores is closing...

it was only a question of time!! whos taking bets on the next ecclesall road casualty? Walnut club?, spice market? mish mash? hard times and too much competition

it was only a question of time!! whos taking bets on the next ecclesall road casualty? Walnut club?, spice market? mish mash? hard times and too much competition

They could just go bust, walk away from their debts, and reopen, like Nonas

My username says it all.

Greeting gets frostier every time I go in-perhaps my money isn't good enough,in spite of spending rather a lot of it since they opened.Today was the last time.

Some of the above posts are worth reading-I'm a big fan of la maison du chocolat-they're fantastic-the best there is.

I smell the start of a chocolate turf war. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I never had a drink in there, but did once take away a sandwich and cake - quite nice but not nice enough to warrant me running to return! It is a little bit sad it's closed, but perhaps there's only room for one chocolate boutique place on Eccy Rd, ie. Cocoa. That does what it does well, admittedly!

• 2 months later...

Archived