Anyone Gloucester St, of Broomspring lane

JackD

Remember the row of shops on Glossop road at the top of Broomspring lane? Davy's bakery, the surgical appliance shop, ladies dress shop, Thorpe's fruit and veg, Guite's off licence? Jim the barbers.

my nan, Nellie Melluish, took over Guite's shop in the mid 1960s.

Looking for anyone who lived on Gloucester St upto 1964.

iya jack willy bite here i've just been reading this thread and some of the names i remember like booker was it michael, jimmy ewens, one called clay, alice woolhouse , and two doors from where you lived a horace parker they lived in our yard on bath street in the fourties and fifties there was his wife winnie, sons horace ,harold, and daughter diane, and an exley dont know if it was the same family his name was i think graham, another graham was graham axe, he had a sister her name was shirley the last i heard they went to america to live, if i'm right he married one of mcdonalds daughters from fitzwilliam street. do you remember an albert clack a year older than us.what about paul rickus remember him? cheers

• 4 years later...
Golden Fleece,, do you mean the school for what we called sickly children?.

I lived on Gloucester street from 1938 to 1963 but never heard of this house you are looking for.

Jack Dukes.

yes the school for sickly children. the house was less than 50 metres from the school adjacent to a block of terraced houses.

Archived