The Harlequin - Is it up for sale

sierraman

The announcement from Pete Roberts at The Brew Company:

Liz Aspden & Pete Roberts, co-owner at The Brew Company will be taking the lease on the Harlequin Inn in Sheffield sometime in March. The pub is renowned for its real ale selection, beer festivals and live music. Liz will take responsibility for the day to day running of the pub as Pete still concentrates on running the brewery. ‘It’s a great opportunity for us to run such a fantastic real ale venue and although I brew a wide range of ales, the actual beer list won’t be featuring my beers any more than it already does. We understand the reputation it has for serving new beers from craft brewers around the country. If anything we intend to build upon and develop that reputation’

• 2 weeks later...

I only hope they don't start selling Brew Company beer in there. I like most real ales but the ones from that brewery uniformly taste like pond water.

I'll be sad to see it change hands, it was a warm, welcoming place that had a lot of community spirit about it and the best selection of ales in the city.

I only hope they don't start selling Brew Company beer in there. I like most real ales but the ones from that brewery uniformly taste like pond water.

I'll be sad to see it change hands, it was a warm, welcoming place that had a lot of community spirit about it and the best selection of ales in the city.

They've been selling Brew Co beers in there for a long time. And most of them are rather good, far removed from pond water.

I quite like Brew Company beers actually.

I guess you haven't read the earlier posts. The plans for the beer range will see very few changes - the three regular beers will be from Brew Company and all the rest will be an ever changing selection of interesting guest beers.

They are also looking at improving the choice of imported beers.

surprise surprise, jonny5 first to jump in with a passionate defence of brew company :hihi:

Stalker?

Yeah, I have a bad habit of defending decent companies from unwarranted abuse.

Unlike yourself who has a dreadful habit of being one small step above a troll.

Archived