The Harlequin - Is it up for sale

sierraman

Thought i'd better post a reply! I am the owner of the Brew Company. My fiance and i are taking the lease on the Harlequin from March. Not much will change at all. Food, live music, a comfortable welcome, no TV, no gaming machines and an ever changing array of interesting craft beers from around the country will stay the same. I have been a regular at the Harlequin now for about 3 years, previous to that i frequented it when it was the rather run down Manchester Hotel. I have brewed the house special for the last two years.

I am now brewing a Blonde ale, a Best Bitter and an IPA soon which will be exclusive to the Harlequin. All other pumps will remain guest ales. Being a brewer i am able to source an even more diverse range from other brewers so the range will actually improve if anything!

We will be increasing the range of real ciders so we always have 4 available.

Beer festivals in April and Autumn will remain and we will be slotting in more mini festivals in between. Home cooked Sunday lunches will also return from the 6th of March.

We will also be introducing a large range of speicality foreign beers from Belgium, America, and Germany but that may take a while to set up.

The function room which can accomodate up to 60 people will still be available free of charge and the buffet options will still be catered for.

So you see, we actually are experienced in the industry, have plans to not only maintain the pub as a destination for live music and a quiet pint but also to develop the potential and secure it's exsistence for many years to come.

Hannah, the current landlady, is leaving to start a family.

So there you go, all rumours put to bed! Liz and i look forward to meeting you and sharing a beer and a chat some day.

Oh and as for my beers tasting like pond water, well we all have our own personal tastes and opinions. I suppose winning award after award and selling beer like hot cakes has to be it's own reward in the face of such critisism.

Cheers everyone!

I'm not sure who actually owns this pub but Hannah and Wendy still frequent the bar so who knows.

This is defo the best pub in the area I luv the Harlequin and the clientell are always good to, no **** heads spoiling the place like most other pubs.

The entertaiment is great and always full on Fridays and Saturdays.

Full marks for the Harlequin.

• 2 weeks later...

probably the normal sort of things happening, 14 real ales and 5 real ciders, live blues band on Saturday night - free entry, home cooked Sunday roasts on Sunday with beer battered Yorkies £6, cheap beer day on Monday, real ale from £1.50 a pint. All that in just one weekend!

Archived