New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

SYorksDeano

I walk past once a week and take a look inside. It's a bit like the Marie Celeste at the moment, all the places are set but nobody is home.

Everything looks more or less ready, but there's some large air conditioning ductwork on the floor and I've never seen a workman in there on my journeys past. It does look good inside and there appear to be 10 handpumps, so there should be some good choice of ales.

Regards

Doom

I walk past once a week and take a look inside. It's a bit like the Marie Celeste at the moment, all the places are set but nobody is home.

Everything looks more or less ready, but there's some large air conditioning ductwork on the floor and I've never seen a workman in there on my journeys past. It does look good inside and there appear to be 10 handpumps, so there should be some good choice of ales.

Regards

Doom

the new paper on the windows means you can't really see inside now! doesn't look like there's anything happening there today, but apparently it said it was opening in 2 weeks in one of the local rags, according to a colleague.

it said it was opening in 2 weeks in one of the local rags

Spoke to my friend last month who works for Wetherspoons in head office. Apparently, the core staff due to work here were distributed between the other Sheffield wetherspoons, and consequently this should be one of the best trained groups of staff on opening night ever. Plus, he said first week of July to me, so 2 weeks seems reasonable. He didn't know what the delay was, or wouldn't say :)

• 2 weeks later...
work is well under way. if i see a workman when i walk past tomorrow i'll ask when it's opening

I asked one yesterday.

Apparently they've had a problem with the air conditioning plant on the roof, hopefully that is now sorted and they're aiming to be open in a couple of weeks if all goes to plan.

Regards

Doom

I asked one yesterday.

Apparently they've had a problem with the air conditioning plant on the roof, hopefully that is now sorted and they're aiming to be open in a couple of weeks if all goes to plan.

Regards

Doom

16th july opening

Spoke to my friend last month who works for Wetherspoons in head office. Apparently, the core staff due to work here were distributed between the other Sheffield wetherspoons, and consequently this should be one of the best trained groups of staff on opening night ever.

So by their standards they may well know their arse from their elbow?

Archived