New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

SYorksDeano

I walked past and the sign was going up and the floor finishes looked to be nearly complete.

I would have thought they could be complete for this coming weekend looking at what still needed to be done, but I guess it depends on getting their licence from the magistrate and commissioning the air con plant.

Regards

Doom

I walked past and the sign was going up and the floor finishes looked to be nearly complete.

I would have thought they could be complete for this coming weekend looking at what still needed to be done, but I guess it depends on getting their licence from the magistrate and commissioning the air con plant.

Regards

Doom

the manager told me 16th july so watch this space

whats it like in the new place.. anyone been in yet ??

It's not open yet, but when I popped in the other day for a nosey it looked very smart.

It looks like they'll have 10 handpumps, so there should be plenty of choice.

Regards

Doom

One thing for sure there will be "much cheapness" :)

to be fair to wetherspoons, the 'posh' ones i've been to have been good. For a cheap couple of drinks or somewhere to start a night and meet friends it's ideal. It's location should in theory mean it's a nice place to go, rather than a scumhole. As a resident in Wards Brewery, I'm really looking forward to it!

It's location should in theory mean it's a nice place to go, rather than a scumhole. As a resident in Wards Brewery, I'm really looking forward to it!

Yes....lovely location....you can sit outside and take in the atmosphere (read petrol/diesel fumes)....oh and there's the lovely view of the 'apartments' on the opposite side of the road :rolleyes:

As a resident do you have a river view, a view of the 'Japenese' garden (lol) or a view of Eccy Rd.....nice :D

Yes....lovely location....you can sit outside and take in the atmosphere (read petrol/diesel fumes)....oh and there's the lovely view of the 'apartments' on the opposite side of the road :rolleyes:

As a resident do you have a river view, a view of the 'Japenese' garden (lol) or a view of Eccy Rd.....nice :D

It could be on the Parkway for all I care. When I sit in a pub/bar, I tend not to care what the road is like.

My point was that it's between Eccy Road and town, and there's plenty of offices nearby and not many pubs. It'll serve them well and join up the strip down Eccy Road with the city

My flat is at the back, overlooking the river

Archived