New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

SYorksDeano

We walked passed the new Wetherspoons (ex-Ward's brewery) last night. Errmm, are they per chance going for the Biggest Bar in Britain award????? Its enormous!!!

I don't think it's that big, definitely no bigger than the Swim Inn. It's long but not particularly deep.

We walked passed the new Wetherspoons (ex-Ward's brewery) last night. Errmm, are they per chance going for the Biggest Bar in Britain award????? Its enormous!!!

Yeh, looks like it will be quite big, and there's the outside space they'll have at the front, which I assume will extend to the block paved area.

Still not confirmed the 16th July for opening, we were told at the residents meeting that there would be a pre-opening residents "test run" type event before the main opening, so unless they've decided not to do that then it looks like late July early August as an opening date. But who knows?!

Yeh, looks like it will be quite big, and there's the outside space they'll have at the front, which I assume will extend to the block paved area.

Still not confirmed the 16th July for opening, we were told at the residents meeting that there would be a pre-opening residents "test run" type event before the main opening, so unless they've decided not to do that then it looks like late July early August as an opening date. But who knows?!

indeed, I'd be surprised if it's finished by friday. there is still quite a bit to do.

Well today is the day......Anybody know if it is opening?

Regards

Doom

walked past this morning. Didn't ask, but still got builders on site and quite a bit to be sorted. Still some ducting and an air conditioning unit on the floor... and it looks to me like very little has really been sorted this week, instead I guess they've been waiting for stuff.

I reckon it won't be open for at least another week.

Archived