New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

SYorksDeano

foolishness. That place is condemed, It's got more problems with something about gas now. thing is it's the landlords job this time, so whenever he says go, then it will be ok to open.

However, I can't see this place opening for some time.

That seems bizarre given that there isn't a gas supply connected for any of the flats! I guess they might of got something arranged given that they are going to be doing food? Is it easy to retro-fit/connect a gas supply?

It seems things haven't quite gone to plan on this one:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/businessnews/Wetherspoon-set-for-pub-openings.6389401.jp

I had a walk past on Monday and one of the workmen said they were still trying to sort out the air conditioning plant on the roof.

As I understand it, the original roof top plant was too high so they had to look for an alternative to satisfy the planners, which is why there have been all the delays.

I hope somebodies professional indemnity insurance is in place, because this must be costing Wetherspoons a fortune in lost trade.

Regards

Doom

As I understand it, the original roof top plant was too high so they had to look for an alternative to satisfy the planners, which is why there have been all the delays.

I wonder where the planners thought the air con would go when they originally ok'd the building plans ?

went down yesterday thininkg it was already open. my dad saw someone going in and he said that theres an issue because they are waiting for the council to ok the air conditioning.

its turning into a bit of an epic this isnt it

Archived