New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

SYorksDeano

wetherspoons underneath my flat or house-sounds like a dream to me and with all the bennefits of not having loud music played and being able to walk downstairs for a real ale and a bargain meal. No downsides from what I can see!!

yup it's been pretty good so far.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It gets a thumbs up from me, 20+ of us went there last Thursday, spot on and great value.

Only downside is the long walk to the loo, sounds ironic as we are a walking group :)

They do this in all Wetherspoons, put the toilet a good distance from the bars.A trek to the toilet usually involveds four flights of stairs. I wonder why it is?

its errrrrrrrr........its a wetherspoons! same stuff, different building. like most of their pubs, its an alright place to meet people and chat, normally clean, cheap and wide choice of booze, alco's in a corner, and simple'ish' food (seems to be getting more fancy and pricey, not a great deal difference in price than going to an actual "real" restaurant nowadays) its a wetherspoons!!

As the Wetherspoons real ale festival started yesterday we decided to try and go to all of the Wetherspoons in Sheffield to try as many of the ales as possible. I have to say the sheaf island was rubbish it has at least 8 handpulls but only 2 festival ales on no effort made at all. The Francis Newton was good, well good for a Wetherspoons. In all i tried 15 ales and some of them were actually good and I don't mean good for a Wetherapoons I mean if your were around and about Kelham Island they would be good.

Archived