New Wetherspoons opening - Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road

SYorksDeano

http://www.leeds-city-guide.com/cuthbert.jpg

excellent example of a new wetherspoons development in a nice part of leeds. none of the "clientel" from other spoons have moved over there. its a nice bar.

The old Electric Press building in City Square, not far from the LGI, which will be quite handy being in close proximity for the drunks to get treated.

http://www.leeds-city-guide.com/cuthbert.jpg

excellent example of a new wetherspoons development in a nice part of leeds. none of the "clientel" from other spoons have moved over there. its a nice bar.

Thing is this place isnt in a nice part of Sheffield. Its slap bang in between 2 very scruffy estates. I anticipate the mutant lifeforms from these descending on the place like zombies. Should be a great spot for people watching though, with some saucy students to add to the mix.

Thing is this place isnt in a nice part of Sheffield. Its slap bang in between 2 very scruffy estates. I anticipate the mutant lifeforms from these descending on the place like zombies. Should be a great spot for people watching though, with some saucy students to add to the mix.

Cheap drink, market folk and students are an eclectic mix ... they ought to have called it the 'Rab C Nesbit'

The residents of Wards Brewery are up in arms about this, I had a look on the planning portal and it looks like there will be a mass exodus.

It does seem a strange place to have been allowed to open up. Right underneath expensive apartments (one was recently for sale for £240,000), no parking close by, nowhere for taxis to stop and a fair way from any other bars.

You sound charming. The Wetherspoons are upper class.

Archived