Sanctuary housing. Advice really needed

Hi every1, Just want to know if any1 can help me out here?? Does any1 know if you can apply for a property with Sanctuary without going through Howden house? Iv just recently had my priority take off me because i refused to move into a sheltered home for troubled teenage mums =/. Im a 20 year old mum to be. Iv tryed private rent but the bonds always seem to be really expensive. Can any1 help me out here because im lost for ideas lol. Thank you

I know Sanctuary advertise some properties through Sheffield Property Shop, but I don't know if they offer any outside of that except to existing tenants. Have you contacted Sanctuary directly? It says, on the website, for information about renting a property contact the local office. Here's the address and phone number:

Shiregreen Neighbourhood Centre

Westnall Road

Shiregreen

S5 0AA

Tel: 0800 781 4725

Fax: 01142 572001

Its all on here: http://www.sanctuary-housing.co.uk/Sanctuary+Residents/Live+With+Us.htm

Thank you. The office is just down the road from my mum's house so im going to pop down tomorrow and see if they can help me out because howden house have been a load of poop to be honest lol

Not sure what you expect from Howden House as there is a general shortage of council properties in Sheffield as well as nationally. Was a hostel place all that was available? Single people aren't eligible for houses, but were there no one bedroomed flats that you could have bid on?

I wasnt expecting alot if im honest. Im not sure if the shelter was all that was available but i have been bidding for over a year now on everything. I told them i needed to be close to my mum as she is disabled and needs my help from time to time but they obviously didnt listen. Im now looking into private rent as this is my only option now

I wasnt expecting alot if im honest. Im not sure if the shelter was all that was available but i have been bidding for over a year now on everything. I told them i needed to be close to my mum as she is disabled and needs my help from time to time but they obviously didnt listen. Im now looking into private rent as this is my only option now

To get an area you want, sometimes private renting is the only option. I hope you find something suitable where you need to be. Could Sanctuary not help?

Archived