Questions for any cyclists..

Girls who cycle have spectacular calves. Not muscly like a dancer's, just wonderfully firm and taut. Sorry, what were we talking about?

Oh yes, it's pretty good for upper body strength too. If you think about it, you are pulling on your arms on the ascents and to accelerate so your arms and neck muscles get better, core strength.

Does nothing for tummy muscles unfortunately, but you can eat more and drink loads more beer because you burn it off! Please note I have no medical background.

Hello! :wave:

Back on topic - Basil's right, you don't need fancy gear/clothing to cycle, but probably the more you cycle, the more you'll get as you will probably find it's more comfortable.

Having said that, if you need to ride after dark, light yourself up like a Christmas tree to help protect against SMIDSY!

Good grief, from the comments made in court it was the only the fact the cyclist was a copper that it was taken seriously:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/4885413.Burnley_road_rage_teen_targeted_cycling_police_chief/

Now that's the kind of thing that would scare me :help: That said, I suppose one can encounter nutters using all forms of transport.

I thought I would look into getting the cheap bike Bazzer recommended for starters, but it was sold by the time I had made the decision. Damn :mad:.

So I'm still looking for something just to start out on (I think the last time I had a good ride was ten years ago at least :suspect:). Fingers crossed!

• 2 months later...
with regards to not wanting your ass @ the same height as your face etc.. pop to JE james cycles, and they will measure you up.. after meeting you and knowing your rough size, I think you'll probably need a 14-16, or maybe 18 frame (I use a 21)

and do NOT cycle in heels, flats, trainers, boots are ok, but heels, no.... it might be poissible if you have been cycling for a while, used to the bike and your route, but I wouldn't try it for atleast a year... if at all.

Got my eye on a second hand one for sale and it said 29 inches so I'm guessing that will be too big? Unless it was in centimetres, but then it would be 11.4 inches which is ridiculous?

Archived