Recycling: Family reduces rubbish to just one bag a year!

Link here.

Although it's on the increase in the U.K, it would appear that many people don't perhaps do as much as they could when it comes to recycling.

Sometimes we lack the education as to what can and what can't be recycled, sometimes we don't have the correct facilities to dispose of recyclables that we do have (plastic bottles, carrier bags etc) and sometimes, it appears that we just simply can't be arsed because it's not something that directly affects us - and therefore lack motivation to do anything about it.

What are your thoughts?

My rubbish i.e non recylcled seems to consist of non recyclable packaging - milk cartons,fabric softener bottles and the like oh and shed loads of dog poo. I recycle tins,card and glass.

Still unsure whether paper i.e mail can be recycled with newspapers or not.

There's places around the world that take this far more seriously than us and do a good job of it.

I agree. Mumbai being one of those places. Apparently their recycling is at 80% - whereas ours is about 23%.

I learned the other day that carrier bags can be recycled after all.

My rubbish i.e non recylcled seems to consist of non recyclable packaging - milk cartons,fabric softener bottles and the like oh and shed loads of dog poo. I recycle tins,card and glass.

Still unsure whether paper i.e mail can be recycled with newspapers or not.

Its surprising what can be recycled tbh. I think most plastics can be recycled so the milk cartons/fabric conditioner bottles should be recyclable.

It is also technically possible to recycle poo of any kind and turn it into methane. Top Gear did a special where they had a race between a car fuelled by human waste and cow waste. Mind you you would need a hell of a lot more dogs if you ever want to run your car using there leavings:gag:

Its surprising what can be recycled tbh. I think most plastics can be recycled so the milk cartons/fabric conditioner bottles should be recyclable.

It is also technically possible to recycle poo of any kind and turn it into methane. Top Gear did a special where they had a race between a car fuelled by human waste and cow waste. Mind you you would need a hell of a lot more dogs if you ever want to run your car using there leavings:gag:

And a decent air freshener. :)

Keep on recycling if it makes you feel good, but just know that theres a couple of billion Chinese, Indians and Pakistanis who arn't doing any recycling whatsoever!

And because you don't the answer is to blame others as an excuse?

Pure logic...:roll:

Keep on recycling if it makes you feel good, but just know that theres a couple of billion Chinese, Indians and Pakistanis who arn't doing any recycling whatsoever!

Absolute cobblers! On what do you base this assertion?

Have you ever been to India? Have you seen the absolutely huge recycling centre in Dharavi? 80% of rubbish there is recycled - compared to 23% of British waste.

Archived