Radiosurgery mole removal

My wife has a mole that she would like to have removed. I have done my research and found that the best option is as the title suggests....radio surgery. Apparently this is even better than laser removal as that can char the skin and leave a small scar.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Can anyone recommend Nottingham Laser Clinic or Selston Cosmetic Clinic?

Does anyone know how much this costs?

Cheers guys,

Rich

If there's a medical reason for the mole being removed how about asking whether it can be done on the NHS? Unless it's closed recently there's a radiosurgery department at the Hallamshire (I walked past it one night when I was in for a very long stay, in pain and couldn't sleep).

I had a mole removed on my back as it was growing. My doctor referred me and I just have a very slight noticeable scar down my spine (only about an inch) and had some disposable stiches. It was absolutely painless. That was on NHS, they never mentioned a need for radiosurgery? Unless times have advanced a lot on mole removal in the last 6 years.

Good luck with whatever method you choose.

• 6 months later...

People remove moles either to look prettier or for some medical reasons. Laser mole removal is the most advanced method of surgical mole removal. This treatment is done without providing anesthesia; also there is no bleeding and no pain during the surgery. This is little expensive and is done depending on the size of the mole. It is better to consult your dermatologist prior to any treatment.

• 2 years later...

I removed a large mole from under my left armpit myself. Just squeeze it with your fingernails at the stem for a few minutes each day ... within a few weeks it just gives up and falls off. Not had a problem since.(not joking!)

Archived