Platillo's . . . . ?

chinaski

My OH's family are visiting this Saturday, up from London. There'll be around 14-16 of us and I'm looking at booking something in the city centre. Last time we went to Aagrah, which was great, but would like to try somewhere else.

I tend to eat around London Rd, so I'm a little in the dark about the restaurants in the city. Nothing too expensive (i.e £25 a head) as it's going to be too steep for the families.

What's Platillo's like?

Platillos is nice, tapas and small plates etc...good for sharing in large groups if you are not that hungry.

There is a new curry place on West One called Dosanj which we took a birthday party to and it was fab. Freshly made and good service too. It made it a lot cheaper because we printed some 241 vochers off here as well http://www.thedealhound.co.uk

Enjoy your weekend, if they are anything like my O.H. family it might be a long one!:help:

Platillos is nice, tapas and small plates etc...good for sharing in large groups if you are not that hungry.

There is a new curry place on West One called Dosanj which we took a birthday party to and it was fab. Freshly made and good service too. It made it a lot cheaper because we printed some 241 vochers off here as well http://www.thedealhound.co.uk

Enjoy your weekend, if they are anything like my O.H. family it might be a long one!:help:

Cheers Mimi . . .

It's actually Saturday 6th, so I'm not sure the vouchers will still be ok (I used my Sakushi one yesterday lunch :thumbsup:). I did think of Dosanj, as it's supposedly very good. I'll keep it in mind.

My concern with Platillo's and tapas is that everyone may leave hungry. The OH's family are animals, to be frank, unlike mine, who are all well mannered and reserved. ;)

Cheers Mimi . . .

It's actually Saturday 6th, so I'm not sure the vouchers will still be ok (I used my Sakushi one yesterday lunch :thumbsup:). I did think of Dosanj, as it's supposedly very good. I'll keep it in mind.

My concern with Platillo's and tapas is that everyone may leave hungry. The OH's family are animals, to be frank, unlike mine, who are all well mannered and reserved. ;)

Order 4/5 each if you're big eaters - there will be plenty, but you can order more as you go along if needed. Go - honestly - it's great and my favourite restaurant in town. Fab atmosphere, fab food and wine - just fab.

Forget Dosanj - seriously - forget it.

I would go to Platillos over Dosanj any time. I've never had a bad experience at Platillos whereas Dosanj was a disaster.

I don't understand why Dosanj is so highly rated on here. I thought it was only us who had had problems with them but if you look on http://www.sheffieldrestaurant.co.uk/, most of the negative comments there reflect our experience.

We did complain to them and were offered a free meal but I've not got up enough enthusiasm to go back.

• 2 weeks later...

So . . .

we went last night and was really disappointed. The service was fine, the food tasty. The problem lay in the fact that there was 14 of us and we had to have the party menu at £14.50 a head. The bill came to near £350.

Our tapas food arrived. There were ribs, skewers, potatas bravos, meatballs and so on. However, these all came in small bowls. We basically got a selection of the menu, but one of each. One rib, one chicken wing, one meatball ans so on.

Now, before I get accused of being a greedy fat git, I'm not. It was like ordering the selection for two at the local Thai or Chinese, eating it in ten minutes and then . . .

no more.

For the price it was a joke, though what we did have was tasty and fresh. But it wasn't a meal in any sense and nothing at all like you would expect from a traditional Greek mezze typre meal. There was simply nothing substantial.

Like I said, the waitresses were great, the food tasty . . . but really, it was a bit of a . . . . take.

Archived