Dunford&Elliott research dept looking for ex workers

madango41

Are there any old mates on here like Colin Eyre, Ashley Jenkinson, Tony Smith, David Twelves, Les Hawley, Pete Bownes,Les Crofts, Bill Newbould, Billy James, Des Hickinson,Alex Gaymond, Phil Toyer, Tony Middleton, Neil Jenkinson. Brian Glaves.

Edited by madango41

Are there any old mates on here like Colin Eyre, Ashley Jenkinson, Tony Smith, David Twelves, Les Hawley, Pete Bownes,Les Crofts, Bill Newbould, Billy James, Des Hickinson,Alex Gaymond, Phil Toyer, Tony Middleton, Neil Jenkinson. Brian Glaves.

I have sent you a PM about the Special Projects division, contact me if you require more information

• 1 year later...

Hi you have found one of us....Ashley Jenkinson is still alive and well. I am only in contact with one other ....Tony Middleton who lives in Bridlington, I still live in Sheffield. Not sure who originated this????

Hi you have found one of us....Ashley Jenkinson is still alive and well. I am only in contact with one other ....Tony Middleton who lives in Bridlington, I still live in Sheffield. Not sure who originated this????

Hi Ashlley hope you are keeping in good health, are you like me retired ?

a lot of the old ones have died Bill Newbould, Billy James,Des Hickinson must be getting on, do you see Alex Gaymond, or Les Hawley,nice to see Tony Middleton is living in Bridlington, i had 2 aunts that went to live there in 1953, they loved it, when i left Dunfords i went to work at Tiffanys on London road i stopped there for 12 year,then i had to give up work to care for my mother who was very ill, i did that for 20 years untill her death in 1998 at the grand age of 96,i have got Parkinsons disease, just found out in January this year,so i am on medication to try to control it, it's been glad to send this message to one of the old workmates, pity we don't know how to contact the other men. i wonder if Tony Middleton has still got those photo's he took of us all in the back yard, do you remember that, i bought a set off him, i've still got them, the group photo is framed and on my bedroom wall, all for now, but try to keep in touch, LES CROFTS

• 5 years later...
Hi Ashlley hope you are keeping in good health, are you like me retired ?

a lot of the old ones have died Bill Newbould, Billy James,Des Hickinson must be getting on, do you see Alex Gaymond, or Les Hawley,nice to see Tony Middleton is living in Bridlington, i had 2 aunts that went to live there in 1953, they loved it, when i left Dunfords i went to work at Tiffanys on London road i stopped there for 12 year,then i had to give up work to care for my mother who was very ill, i did that for 20 years untill her death in 1998 at the grand age of 96,i have got Parkinsons disease, just found out in January this year,so i am on medication to try to control it, it's been glad to send this message to one of the old workmates, pity we don't know how to contact the other men. i wonder if Tony Middleton has still got those photo's he took of us all in the back yard, do you remember that, i bought a set off him, i've still got them, the group photo is framed and on my bedroom wall, all for now, but try to keep in touch, LES CROFTS

Hi Les

I have been trying to contact you. I am Ashley Jenkinsons wife. Unfortunately Ashley passed away on 12th |November 2016. He has lung cancer caused by inhaling asbestos fibres. I am trying to contact anyone he worked with him at Dunford & Elliotts in the hope that they may be able to help confirm that the circuit boards he worked with contained asbestos. Apparently they all contained asbestos until 1980 but we need a witness to say that they definitely worked with him at Dunfords. If you would be kind enough to get back to me it would be much appreciated. Sorry to be the bearer of such sad news but hope you are keeping well.