Where to take friends for some decent music..?

Some of my mates are coming to sheffield in a couple of weeks (7/8/05) and i have no idea where to take them. It'll be on a firday/saturday and i REALLY dont want to take them to likes of GC, Leadmill or Kingdom, so where else is there for some decent music? I would have taken them to one of the many amazing nights at .zero (UG, Zogg, D'n'B Alnighter) but since that's closing down...Damn! Does anyone know when and where those nights will be returning?

Where else is there? I've been to The Room on a Friday night before and that was pretty cool, but what's it like on a saturday? How about the Takapuna on a saturday night? what sorta music do they play?

Thank you all.:)

Originally posted by HarderFaster

It'll be closed in a couple of weeks time though...won't it? They don't have any nights left to put on.

No, that's not the case. Urban Gorilla is leaving, but there's a new house, techno and breaks night taking over on Fridays. The Saturday nights are all monthly or fortnightly anyway.

Well for a bit of pre club action pop into sharkeys on saturday 8ish till 12 - droppin breaks, hip hop, funk, latin and drum and bass - after that tho its pretty slim pickins for decent non-mainstream kinda music - there are a few random nights but nowt regular weekly wise!!:(

Archived