Social club trips 1970s

OwlsChick

I was reminded today of the club trips.The ones that spring to mind was the City Rd ones,particularly the Arundel as round about 1977-78 ish they ran a trip to Skeggy that i seem to remember got in the World Record Books for running the most coaches.I think it was around 56 coaches all left Arundel and they had to stagger their departure to minimise congestion.It worked out that the first coach was in Skeg before the last one had set off:hihi: I remember walking round skeg and saying hi to almost everyone! Think the whole of Manor was there.Does anybody remember this?

no but i do remember the southey social trips they use to start at magnet and go all the way down southey green road and over roundabout and further and we use to get five pounds god i was loaded twenty five years ago

Ha same here! dont forget the crisps and bottle of pop,sick bags and grumpy steward/stawardess!

oh what days they were,park and arbourthorne on monday manor on wednesday and arundel on friday,we were shattered by the end of the week if we were lucky we got tickets for the upper heeley the week after lol,you got an orange an apple a bag of crisp and ten bob in a little brown envelope,you had a brown ticket with your name and address on in case you got lost,these day trips were our annual holiday.:hihi:

I remember going on a couple of these trips , i would have been about 11, pop crisps and a bag of money and unsupervised .. brilliant times im sure iv got some photos somewhere .. we would never in a million years let our kids do that now would we ...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember going with the `Moulders`? club Attercliffe. Always to Cleethorpes on the old characbanc,seemed to take ages to get there,(no motorways then) we used to get a bottle of pop, a packet of crisp (with the blue packet of salt) a few sandwiches and best of all the all important brown envelope with the ten bob note in it.

This ten bob used to last until it was time to come home even managed to buy a present for mum out of it. good times!!

Needless to say that this wasn`t in the 70`s though

Archived