Memorable concerts at the City Hall

oldiegirl

Saw Queen there just before Bohemian Rhapsody came out, top gig.

Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry ,several times always great

T Rex

Devo

Blondie , supporting Television

Elvis Costello

Sparks

Kraftwerk, I think it was the City Hall

Leo Sayer ( not my choice but he wern't that bad, at the time)

dragged along to by my brother, Free

Elton John

The Who

The Nice, Led Zeppelin , Black Sabbath , Deep Purple , Wishbone Ash, Canned Heat ,Traffic, Curved Air, E.L.P, Black Oak Arkansas, Van Der Graaf Generator, Pink Fairies,Mott the Hoople, Rory Gallagher, Jethro Tull, Focus, Status Quo,Thin Lizzy, Moody Blues, Grounghogs, Alex Harvey,Ten Years After, Genesis, Fairport Convention, Man, Stone the Crows, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai,..The list goes on and on.. great times !!!

how many of you remember six five special on tv? I saw pete murray, don lang and josephine douglas at the city hall. I was a great jazz fan in the 60's and saw all the big names of the time. kenny Ball chris Barber, aker bilk etc. great times! Sorry about the typing I am nursing a broken shoulder, it is not easy typing one hand one finger! If you were anyone of numerous people whocame to my aid in Graves park on jan first thank you all so much! I have had surgery on my shoulder and am now doing well.

I remember all the jazz concerts of the 1950's, Humph. Barber, Ball, Welsh, Mick Mulligan with George Melly, Colyer, Sunshine, Donegan etc. Also the big bands, Dankworth, Parnell, Squadronaires, Heath, Mackintosh. I saw George Lewis on his first tour, with Colyer, Jack Teagarden, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee, Big Bill Broonzy and many more. I also, on a higher note, went to a couple of Halle concerts, with the school.

Mike