Angel Inn - Grenoside

Nicesheff

well what can i say . nicesheff happy new year to you .maxxy what day over christmas and what time did u visit us.wyorksdeano very negative thoughts.bruno its chris+debby running it again.rioja no niche nights.returnofjim your more than welcome.

yes we have been open 7 weeks without 1 incident and we are very proud of what we have achieved and so are the police .please give us a visit this pub is ran under very strict conditions we dont work 80+ hours a week far nothing .so before you slag this pub off come and have a look i just cant work out wher some people get ther info from .i just wonder if the pubs nearby can say they have ran far the last 7 weeks incident free .

Good onya mate, say g'day to Stav for me if you see him. Hope it works out for you.

I remember meeting you on a freezing cold day on Foss Dyke, you were on a boat and I was with Gunny and Kinder and Co. doing a spot of winter pole fishing. We had to break the ice.

Take care

PM me if you can't remember who I am.

i live down the road from the angel and what i heard is,the reason it got a bad crowd in was it started selling very cheap drinks, and once the wrong crowd got word of it they flooded in. so raise your prices, ban baseball caps and hoodies for all and see how it goes.

I just feel the need to say that i want to thank Chris and his lovely wife for giving us back the Angel as we know and love it. I realise that the Angel went off the rails but now it has turned a corner. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and Chris was the perfect host and friend i wish him all the best and hope he goes from strength to strength he is a great guy with a big heart and deserves to do well. Maybe we should give him a chance and let the past stay where it belongs.

Not the sort of place I like to be in. We popped down for one with friends and it was ok early on then as the regulars started to drift in reeking of spliff with gormy looks on their faces, too much gold etc. we left and went to the normal pubs.

since the angel has re opened it has been completely incident free.i go in most days,there is none of the riff raff that used to be their,theres no niche nights,theres no young hooligans in the car park.and a major differences is the weekend crowd,its just all local people and the younger ones that go in are a nice sound set of people.MAXXY,could you please tell me which are the normal pubs in grenoside,because since the angel has been reopened there have been no incidents,fighting,anti social behaviour.where as up the road at the harrow there have been 2.the police make regular checks to the angel, and been a friend of the landlord,landlady and the manager,i know that the police are more than happy.there have even been hoax complaints about the pub,people ringing up when the pub is closed and complaining about noise.how pathetic.

chris does free pool,free poker and keeps the riff raff away.he regularly puts out free food for all the customers.what more could u ask for from the host?its clean,tidy and a friendly atmosphere.the beer and lagers are fantastic and i wouldnt change it for the world

• 1 month later...

Have to take back what I said. We went in last night and stayed most of the night. No idiots in there and free food laid on. Toilets cleaned up with free toiletries in the ladies.

Really good night. Last night the Angel was the best pub we went in :)

• 2 months later...