Pope attacks UK Government over Equality Bill

Jesus said nothing about gays.

I seeem to remember a fair bit He did say about tolerance, loving people, and not judging others...

you knew jesus personally wow how old are you ,religeon is the biggest load of garbage ever spouted no matter what religeon it is all hypocracy:loopy::loopy:

It is the business of the pope because he is Gods representative on earth.

So why did this god character not tell the pope to stop using all the Catholic Church's wealth and power to protect paedophiles from the authorities for decades whilst moving them from position to position ensuring they had fresh children to rape? Does this god of yours like his representatives to rape adn facilitate the rape of children or something?

Jesus said nothing about gays.

I seeem to remember a fair bit He did say about tolerance, loving people, and not judging others...

Indeed and I don't recall anyone commenting on the relationship between David and Saul either.

41And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.

42And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Samuel%2020&version=KJV

you knew jesus personally wow how old are you ,religeon is the biggest load of garbage ever spouted no matter what religeon it is all hypocracy:loopy::loopy:

The current pope is guilty of hypocrisy, it's true. You won't find anything in the teachings of Jesus about not tolerating dissent or striving for equality. In fact the only recorded time of Jesus losing his temper was when the church was used for selfish needs...

Pope Benedict wears dresses, uses jewellery, lives with men. Also, have you ever seen the Vatican? Those people are seriously good interior decorators. And they have some really expensive tastes. Judy Garland posters, scatter cushions.

The current pope is guilty of hypocrisy, it's true. You won't find anything in the teachings of Jesus about not tolerating dissent or striving for equality. In fact the only recorded time of Jesus losing his temper was when the church was used for selfish needs...

He comes across as pretty cross in those passages where he cursed a fig tree to to death for happening not to have fruit on it when he wanted some.

As for Jesus being all tolerant the bible has him repeatedly claiming that all those who merely don't worship him/his god should be and will be tortured for all eternity. Eternal torture simply for failing to worship not even actively dissenting that's hardly 'tolerant'.

As for how he reacted when people did openly disagree with him:

Matthew 12:31-37 (New International Version)

31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

33"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

"by your words you will be condemned" yep real tolerant of dissent :roll:

This crap does honestly bother me. Homosexuality is so obviously not a choice, so how in the heck can all of these supposedly Christian leaders be so filled with hate?

I thought Jesus was all about love?

Didn’t he wash the feet of prostitutes?

Didn’t he say something about throwing the first stone?

So even if you do believe that it’s a sin, shouldn’t you show forgiveness, respect and love?

I fully respect the right of a free and open life empty of persecution for fig trees, too.

This crap does honestly bother me. Homosexuality is so obviously not a choice, so how in the heck can all of these supposedly Christian leaders be so filled with hate?

I thought Jesus was all about love?

Didn’t he wash the feet of prostitutes?

Didn’t he say something about throwing the first stone?

So even if you do believe that it’s a sin, shouldn’t you show forgiveness, respect and love?

I fully respect the right of a free and open life empty of persecution for fig trees, too.

The fig tree was a parable to encourage us to bear good fruit rather than none at all for such people are spiritually dead.

People who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit are in effect cursing God.

It is a message of love to encourage us to bear good fruit and to honour God and in so doing be better people.

Archived