Tooth

Ok, I am having tooth nightmares.

After having toothache for a while I saw the dentist last week who told me that a flap of gum over my bottom left wisdom tooth was infected. Also that the top left wisdom tooth was biting down on the flap of gum which would make it more painful.

He gave me antibiotics for the infection, and said if it was still painful after the infection was gone then I'd need the top one out.

A few hours ago I was eating dried apricots, and either there was half a tooth *inside* a dried apricot (unlikely) or half of one of my teeth fell out...

I have been feeling round with my tongue and can't find any noticeable half tooths missing, but the top left wisdom tooth (the one which may have to come out due to biting on the bottom one) does feel slightly different.

So my conclusion is that half of that tooth has fallen out.

Right, my questions...

* How could that have happened? I was at the dentist less than a week ago, surely he'd notice if one of my teeth was about to split in half??

* Do I have to go back to the dentist because of this? I *really* really hate going to the dentist.

* Will having half a tooth really matter when it's a wisdom tooth? Will I need to have it removed or can I just ignore it as it's not hurting or anything.

Any suggestions welcomed!!

Pippa x

Speaking as a hitherto gorgeous bit of stuff which time, weight and tooths have had their opportunity to seriously **** up, I would say that yours is not to reason why, yours is to get down to the dentists, find out and demand to be treated by someone who cares about your film star looks a bit more than they care about their wallet.

And I speak as one who is fully aware that their wad comes before your teeth and your looks, so get seriously STROPPY! and if that doesnt work, then PM me and I will try to come up with the inside track

xx

I dont know about dentists being tight - when i was 17 my dentist gave me porcelain veneers so i wouldnt have to pay thousands as i would have had to if id have waited til i was 18. I didnt need them cos my teeth were OK but Im glad he gave them me then and ill have them forever (or until peritonitis kicks in when im in my 70s.)

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by purplepippa

Ok, I am having tooth nightmares.

After having toothache for a while I saw the dentist last week who told me that a flap of gum over my bottom left wisdom tooth was infected. Also that the top left wisdom tooth was biting down on the flap of gum which would make it more painful.

He gave me antibiotics for the infection, and said if it was still painful after the infection was gone then I'd need the top one out.

A few hours ago I was eating dried apricots, and either there was half a tooth *inside* a dried apricot (unlikely) or half of one of my teeth fell out...

I have been feeling round with my tongue and can't find any noticeable half tooths missing, but the top left wisdom tooth (the one which may have to come out due to biting on htly different.

So my conclusion is that half of that tooth has fallen out.

Right, my questions...

* How could that have happened? I was at the dentist less than a week ago, surely he'd notice if one of my teeth was about to split in half??

* Do I have to go back to the dentist because of this? I *really* really hate going to the dentist.

* Will having half a tooth really matter when it's a wisdom tooth? Will I need to have it removed or can I just ignore it as it's not hurting or anything.

Any suggestions welcomed!!

Pippa x

how can u have nightmare about toothaches????

The dentist once told me (after funnily enough losing half a tootsiepeg) that when A tooth is ready to crack that just chewing bread can break them. He also mentioned to me that wisdom teeth can somtimes be bad inside before they have even broke through the gum.. I only have one of these evil little things left now the rest have all had to be pulled after cracking :(

Originally posted by x_Sunshine_x

I always have dreams that all my teeth fall out!

It means something but I cant remember what......

Means you're going to get some money. :thumbsup:

Your teeth can easily split in two - the rot sets in from the inside and then it is just the veneer on the outside which holds it together. Also, you can easily have calcium deficiency which can cause fragile teeth - drink more milk and eat more jelly. :)

Archived