Really really really nice restaurant suggestions

sammsufc

hello...

Do my fellow humble Sheffielders have any suggestions for a really nice restaurant in/near town, where i can take my girlfriend for our 1 year anniversary celebrations. :love:

I am looking for somewhere special enough for her to wear something nice like a dress... so not looking for suggestions like "nandos" or "chris's curry house" :P

Thank You :)

:help:

(oooops, it was obviously suposed to say "restaurant" in the thread title)

Marco@Milanos at Millhouses. Certainly blows the bank, but the food and wine are excellent, and it's lovely restaurant, physically.

Not been to Moran's (yet) but heard excellent things about it. Would also second the suggestion of Rafters.

Mmmmm. I wasn't so impressed with Marco at Milanos. My steak was very mediocre and they messed up the order food was served (and then accused me of ordering it that way - they served antipasti with our pasta course). The lack of bread was also annoying - not becuase I needed bread but beacuse we paid so much for the pleasure of being there, it was the least they could have done! I also though the place was a bit 'yuppy'!

However, the antipasti, pasta, husband's venison and desserts were very good so all in all it was a good meal, I just know that I have had better and cheaper in Sheffield.

Moran's is very good.

Archived