Drone attacks..

one the yanks don't know where geneva is....cannot see them being used in west yorkshire and watch the footage on you tube that the yanks put on to show how good these machines are...at 40 million a time they are a bargain..the terrorists dont stand a chance..

Two problems with sending in a drone to bomb Dewsbury:

1) Might interfere with Leeds Badford flight paths

2) Given any chance it will have everything nicked off it as it passes any flats.

2) Given any chance it will have everything nicked off it as it passes any flats.

Dewsbury ??? For pitys sake NOOOOOOO... Just think of what they can do with the six fingered approach.. EEP !!

To an ex-pat now a yank it matters. Let me make a guess though. Sounds Italian or Romanian so it must be in one of those countries yeah? :D

like i said geneva in switzerland is not needed when it comes to taking out terrorists....my yank mates think these drones are top drawer and i'd like our traffic cops to have them for sorting out car thieves....now that would be worth watching

i'd like our police to have them....soon rid the streets of people up to no good...a kind of chav buster...

• 6 months later...
"Missiles fired by a suspected US drone aircraft have killed at least five people in north-west Pakistan, intelligence officials said."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8469395.stm

Criticised as extrajudicial killings by the UN Human Rights Council, hundreds of drone attacks take place every year across Afghanistan, Pakistan and now Yemen.

Besides the obvious moral questions of civilian 'collateral damage' these attacks take place without trial, based on the same (perhaps dubious) intelligence sources that took us to war in Iraq.

So, drone attacks, the way forward or moral abomination?

For my money, moral abomination, blatant provocation in order to generate unrest that it might stimulate sales of 'defence infrastructure' in these areas.

to answer your question they are the way forward, the future.

Deaf ears?

No.

I myself am fed up of some divvies sat in the Nevada desert taking out pixals on a screen and probably high fiving.t

Being so distant from the point of conflict relies heavily on the intelligence on the ground, then here is the communication issues and one case of Chineese whispers can take out innocent men women and children.

The thing is with this sort of practice, although seemingly effective, there is no accountability so when it goes wrong its a system error.

PEOPLE die, not pixels.

If they don't get it right then its not a case of Oops. Its someone snuffed out of existence forever.

They are going to have to tighten up the use of this sort of killing or if it going to get the main stream and more indiscriminate.

I imagine this has a massive fear factor and with Governments increasingly trying to control growing dissenting populations this could become a massive problem for people everywhere if un addressed at every instance they get it wrong.

Nice OP.

Archived